Question

Honor Student
opled
Message 1 of 5 (657 Views)

HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 3525 printer does not print from newly installed black catridge

Hi everyone

I have this problem with my HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 3525 printer. I am using it for printing invitation cards. It was working fine until one of my catridges 655 (black) went out. So I purchased a  new one, the ink level on the printers screen indicates that it is full, but the when I try to print black text, nothing outputs on the page but just a blank page. I have come across this problem with one of the clients I was assisting but never been able to resolve it, I never thought it would happen to me, as I had deep faith in the printer because it never gave me problems. I am asking if enyone ever came across this problem, and if so, what was the solution to it. I was suspecting the catridge but the system told me it was a genuine one installed. My printer is more or less 2 years old.

Please help:smileysad:

HP Support Agent
Gemini02
Message 2 of 5 (615 Views)

Re: HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 3525 printer does not print from newly installed black catridge

Hi opled,

I see that you are having issues printing in black after replacing the Genuine HP black cartridge.
I will be happy to help you.

Try and print a hardware self test on the printer to find out if it is a hardware or software issue.

Printing a Network Configuration Page.

I have provided a document to go through the steps to see if it will resolve this issue.

Troubleshooting Print Quality Issues.

This document will also provide steps for inspecting and cleaning the contacts.

A 'Cartridge Problem,' 'Ink Cartridge Failure,' 'Incompatible Ink Cartridges,' or 'Cartridge Missing...

What were the results printing the Configuration page and the Print Quality Diagnostic report?

Check the date on the cartridge to make sure it is still in warranty. (not old stock)
What is the ink level of the color cartridge?

Please let me know if you require any additional assistance.

Thank you for posting on the HP Forums.
Have a great day. :smileyhappy:

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Gemini02
I work on behalf of HP
Student
Jules_Axon
Message 3 of 5 (509 Views)

Re: HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 3525 printer does not print from newly installed black catridge

I had exactly the same problem.   I fixed it on the printer control panel by going to "settings" - "tools" - then push the down arrow until you find "restore factory defaults".  After doing that my black font was printing again.  Good Luck!!!  Jules Axon

Student
Bluekalejdoskop
Message 4 of 5 (210 Views)

I have the same problem - brand new printer, correct HP cartridge bought from a computer shop and the black colour comes out as very ligh gray or not at all, tried everything (also restoring factory settings), all the different tests on the printer, cleaning print heads, trying to print from different computers and I finally bought another new cartridge which does not print! Help, I only got the printer a few months ago....

HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 5 of 5 (197 Views)

Hi @Bluekalejdoskop

I see you are having troubles with your black ink.

I appreciate the troubleshooting efforts you have made thus far. Please review the following document to ensure you have completed all of the steps;  Printer Does Not Print Black Ink or Color Ink, or Prints Blank Pages. Although I hope this resolves the issue, it might not. As you have a 3520, If the issue persists, I would suggest calling HP Phone Support regardless of whether it is in or out of warranty as you may require a replacement printer.

The number to call HP is 1-800-474-6836 for Canada and US, or you can Contact HP Worldwide. 

Please let me know if the document resolves the issue, or if you called HP and the outcome of the call. Thanks.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please click the "Thumbs Up", just below, if you LIKE my post, or to say Thanks for helping!
Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation