08-25-2014 10:58 PM
My HP ENVY 100 printer has worked in the past with HP remanufactured cartridges, but for the first time I am getting the INK CARTRIDGE FAILURE without the ability to get beyond that message. These are both NEW cartridges purchased at Office Depot. Previously, if I took the cartridge out and replaced it, I could get beyond that rejection. Apparently not this time! I cannot get past the message, "Cartridges listed above are damaged or have failed. Remove them and replace with new cartridges." I cleaned the connections as advised and it did not solve the issue. Any other solutions?
08-25-2014 11:08 PM - edited 08-25-2014 11:09 PM
The document here may help resolve the issue, cleaning the cartridge contacts as shown in solution two may help.
If not I would suggest returning the cartridge to Office Depot for a replacement. It appears you have a defective cartridge, not unusual for third party cartridges. See the document here for a study of third party cartridge reliability: http://www.buyerslab.com/products/samples/HP-Inkje
Bob Headrick, HP Expert
I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.
If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V
If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V
- Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Americas and Asia)
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- HP Instant Ink - What Is HP Instant Ink?