Question

Student
DLin
Message 1 of 2 (187 Views)

HP Envy 4500 Black Ink Replacement

Display Message is: " the following ink cartridge(s) needs to be replaced: Black" I already put in the new one and it still displays the message. Why is it not reading it?

HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 2 of 2 (163 Views)

Re: HP Envy 4500 Black Ink Replacement

Hi DLin,

I understand you are being prompted to replace your black cartridge although you already have. I suggest leaving the printer on and unplugging the power cable for 1 minuter. If the message persists after you reconnect the power cable you can use the following document to troubleshoot the issue; A 'Cartridge Missing' or 'Incompatible Ink Cartridges' Error Message Displays on the Control Panel.

Although you are not seeing either of the errors mentioned in this document, the solutions offered may help to resolve the issue you are experiencing.

I hope this helps.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please click the "Thumbs Up", just below, if you LIKE my post, or to say Thanks for helping!
Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation