03-30-2014 06:04 PM
We bought and successfully installed an HP Envy 4500 all-in-one printer a few months. It printed fine until today. Now it is dropping every third line of black type. We've changed the ink cartridge, cleaned the printhead, cleaned the ink smear, but the problem persists. We're at a loss. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
04-01-2014 12:49 PM
Welcome to the HP Forums!
I see that you are having a print quality issue with your black ink dropping every third line. I suggest to try and use our print quality quide to try and resolve your issue. Fixing Ink Streaks, Faded Prints, and Other Common Print Quality Problems.
Hope this information helps, and thank you for posting.
I work on behalf of HP
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!
- Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Americas and Asia)
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- HP Instant Ink - What Is HP Instant Ink?