Question

Honor Student
ICURPNT2
Message 1 of 3 (266 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Ink Expired/Outdated Error Message

HP Photosmart All-in-One 7180c

This is the second time in 4-years I've received an Error Message indicating my HP Ink was outdated. All of my purchases have been through the HP Products source. I purchase the Value Packs and have never used anything other than HP ink.

Has anyone else had a problem with Expired Ink from HP?

The cost of the cartridges is really adding up.

Thank you..

Distinguished Professor
Shirlzz1
Message 2 of 3 (252 Views)

Re: HP Ink Expired/Outdated Error Message

I see that you are having an issue with HP ink cartridges that you have purchased. I would look at the date on the cartridge and if it is still in warranty I would call into HP Total Care and advise them of the situation that has occurred with the ink.  This document here will give you more information on the warranty for ink cartridges and at the end it will show diagrams on various cartridges to show you where the dates are located on the cartridges so that you may check the warranty date. I hope that this helps. 

I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
Honor Student
ICURPNT2
Message 3 of 3 (230 Views)

Re: HP Ink Expired/Outdated Error Message

Thank you for the suggestions, however I tossed the expired cartridges in the Township's toxic site.  I did save one because it's 3/4 full.  If I load it I'll get an error message, so it doesn't really matter. There are 2 brand new ones left, and can't see the expiration dates (do to the package covering it up).

The folks at HP Technical have always been good at taking ownership of a problem and achieving a resolve. This is my fourth HP Printer, and they have always succeeded. (The Printers still work for varying printing tasks and are nearly 12 yrs/old). 

I considered contacting HP Customer Service to exchange the 3 I have left, but I can't see the dates under the packaging.

Again, thanks for the suggestions and taking the time to do so.

Nick~~

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation