Question

Honor Student
cccg
Message 1 of 6 (1,582 Views)

HP Laser won't print Black if I am out of color

I would like to print on my computer with just grayscale(no color) but my printer won't let me because I am out of the colored inks.  Is there a way to set the printer up so that it will ignore the colors and only focus on the black ink?

Honor Student
DrLarry
Message 2 of 6 (1,578 Views)

Re: HP Laser won't print Black if I am out of color

[ Edited ]

This is my problem as well.  It really makes no sense when I set it to print from black cartridge only and the printer refuses because a color cartridge is low.

This needs a fix pronto.

I don't work for HP and my words are my own..........
Top Student
rdtwood
Message 3 of 6 (1,569 Views)

What printer exactly?  I have a CLJ2600N that in the setup has an option to essentially ignore missing empty toner.. 

On mine it's located:

System Setup ->  Print quality -> replace supplies -> override (enabled)

Honor Student
DrLarry
Message 4 of 6 (1,568 Views)

I have the Officejet Pro 8500 Premier A909n.  I can't find anything like that in the settings.

I don't work for HP and my words are my own..........
Student
peace2583
Message 5 of 6 (1,547 Views)

Mine doesn't either. Am I losing it, or was this problem nonexistent at one time? I don't remember ever running into this before. Now I am in the middle of an important print job, and I can't finish because there won't be an office supplies store open in my area for two days. I have plenty of black ink, and the item to be printed is in B&W. But because I don't have a color cartridge with enough ink in it to tell my printer to settle down and behave, I can't even print a B&W document.

I agree - this needs to be fixed.

Tutor
Grimouille
Message 6 of 6 (1,484 Views)

Agreed. I always get a problem with the color one even if there's still plenty of ink in it. I woulk like the printing to go on in B&W just the same.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation