HP Laserjet 1150 - black page (127 Views)
Honor Student
Antares1
Message 1 of 5 (127 Views)

HP Laserjet 1150 - black page

[ Edited ]

Hello everyone. I am not new here but it seems that way. I have an issue with a laserjet 1150 I use for quite some time now. It is old but still works just fine. I ordered a new tonercartridge (original HP cartridge as always) and placed it in the printer.  Every page I print is darkgrey for 99 %, each next page a bit lighter but still unreadable. When I put the old tonercartridge back in, the printing is normal again. Ofcourse this old cartridge does not contain as much toner anymore as the new one. (In fact it is almost empty and had to be replaced).

So I ordered a second tonercartridge, thinking that the problem originated in the cartridge. But the problem stays. Putting the old cartridge in, again brings everything back to normal. 

What is wrong here ?  Is the printer broken ?  Is there a problem with the printhead ? Can I fix it myself ? 

Hoping to here from you soon.

Thanks.

Honor Student
Antares1
Message 2 of 5 (89 Views)

Re: HP Laserjet 1150 - black page

Can anyone help me with this issue ?

I would appreciate some reply even if you guys think there is no solution.

Leo_Y
Message 3 of 5 (81 Views)

@Chrystyna79 Hey there Chrystyna,  I was wondering if you could help me out with this one customer.  Seems like they have been seeking help for a while but haven't really gotten any.  The issue is mainly around a toner cartridge.

Thanks.

- I work for HP. Join in the conversation and learn about the latest in technology. -
HP Support Agent
Gemini02
Message 4 of 5 (74 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Antares1,

I will be happy to help you as best I can.

I have provided a URL to the HP LaserJet 1150 Printer Support page.

I would follow the steps in this document to see if you can resolve this issue.

HP LaserJet 1150 and 1300 Series Printers - Troubleshooting Print Quality Issues.

Go to the section for Improving print quality.

If you are having further issues then I would suggest posting it in the commercial forums since this is a commercial printer. You can do this at http://h30499.www3.hp.com/hpeb/

I hope this helps.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

Gemini02
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
Antares1
Message 5 of 5 (65 Views)

Thanks so much for the reply.

I had already read this information before posting my question here.

The problem lies elsewhere.

I will try the community for business printers and keep you posted.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation