Question

Student
DoctorProfessor
Message 1 of 2 (2,063 Views)

HP OfficeJet 6100 - New color cartridges, won't print color/print color very streaky.

Hello,

I am having an issue with my OfficeJet 6100.  My printer will not print color after I have just put new genuine HP color cartridges into it.  I've gotten the black to print just fine, but each color one is not functioning properly.

One thing I have tried to do to resolve the problem is to clean the printheads on the cartridges.  I've run this job probably 5 or 6 times.  I started to get some of the blue ink to print out after about 2 or 3 tries of running the printhead function.  After about 6 times I got the yellow to show up but it was very streaky and faded.  After 6 tries the printer is now telling me that the magenta and yellow cartridges are running low/empty.  When I take the cartridges out and lightly shake them, I can tell that there is ink in them.  The magenta ink still hasn't shown up on the diagnostics print sheet.

If anyone could help me with this issue, that would be awesome.

Thanks,

HP Support Agent
Advance23
Message 2 of 2 (2,012 Views)

Re: HP OfficeJet 6100 - New color cartridges, won't print color/print color very streaky.

Hi DoctorProfessor,

I will do my best to help you resolve your missing color issue. Could you please follow the steps in this document  for Troubleshooting Print Quality Issues.

Let me know if this helped or if you need further assistance.

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" by the Reply to say “Thanks” for helping!

~Advance23~
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation