11-01-2013 11:43 AM
I am having an issue with my OfficeJet 6100. My printer will not print color after I have just put new genuine HP color cartridges into it. I've gotten the black to print just fine, but each color one is not functioning properly.
One thing I have tried to do to resolve the problem is to clean the printheads on the cartridges. I've run this job probably 5 or 6 times. I started to get some of the blue ink to print out after about 2 or 3 tries of running the printhead function. After about 6 times I got the yellow to show up but it was very streaky and faded. After 6 tries the printer is now telling me that the magenta and yellow cartridges are running low/empty. When I take the cartridges out and lightly shake them, I can tell that there is ink in them. The magenta ink still hasn't shown up on the diagnostics print sheet.
If anyone could help me with this issue, that would be awesome.
11-04-2013 08:21 AM
I will do my best to help you resolve your missing color issue. Could you please follow the steps in this document for Troubleshooting Print Quality Issues.
Let me know if this helped or if you need further assistance.
- Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Americas and Asia)
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- HP Instant Ink - What Is HP Instant Ink?