HP OfficeJet 6500- How do you tell what ink cartridge is low? (1853 Views)
Honor Student
KathleenCWall
Message 1 of 5 (1,853 Views)

HP OfficeJet 6500- How do you tell what ink cartridge is low?

Usually, I get a notice in the window that color or black ink is low. I haven't gotten the message, but when I print black, it partially prints in green. Someone told me that means the magenta is low. I changed the magenta and it's still printing partially in green. Any suggestions?

Grad Student
MaryChris
Message 2 of 5 (1,839 Views)

Re: HP OfficeJet 6500- How do you tell what ink cartridge is low?

Hi Kathleen,

Try the procedures in this document:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01641184&tmp_task=solveCategory&lc=en&dlc=en&cc...

Best of luck,
Mary

{I work on HP's behalf}
Student
Keshn
Message 3 of 5 (1,045 Views)

KathleenCWall wrote:

Usually, I get a notice in the window that color or black ink is low. I haven't gotten the message, but when I print black, it partially prints in green. Someone told me that means the magenta is low. I changed the magenta and it's still printing partially in green. Any suggestions?

How do you tell what ink cartridge is low?

Grad Student
MaryChris
Message 4 of 5 (1,040 Views)

Hi Keshn,

Usually your printer will show an alert when ink is low, but if you are unsure, you can look at the document:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01638184&tmp_task=prodinfoCategory&cc=us&dlc=en...

In the answer above, it sounded like there might not be a low ink problem, but one with the quality of the printing. That is why the Print Quality document was suggested instead of one to just check ink levels. However, that document does talk about checking ink levels after checking some other things first.

Best of luck,
Mary

{I work on HP's behalf}
Student
jakruby
Message 5 of 5 (221 Views)

I use to have a window that I could open to tell when my ink cardridges were low!  It is no longer on here. How can I tell when I need a new cardridge?  I have 4 cardridges.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation