Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Magenta cartridge level about half full, not clogged, printhead repeatedly cleaned/aligned, but the printer consistently refuses to print magenta. Any clue?

Edit: I mistyped the printer type as 'HP OfficeJet 7600'. It really is 'HP OfficeJet 6700'!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @eezacque 

I understand you are unable to print magenta ink. Please use the following document to troubleshoot the issue; Fixing Ink Streaks, Faded Prints, and Other Common Print Quality Problems.

from your description, it sounds like you have done most of that troubleshooting already, but it is good to ensure you haven't missed any necessary steps. If the issue persists, please take a look at the document below as it will guide you through the steps to remove and clean the printhead manually; 'The Following Printheads are Missing or Damaged, Replace the Printhead' Message Displays on the All....

I hope this helps.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

My apologies: I had mistyped the printer type: it is an 'HP OfficeJet 6700' instead of an 'HP OfficeJet 7600'. The HP OfficeJet 6700  does not have a removable printhead. I did follow the suggestions in the first document mentioned, to no avail. I am still open for suggestions specifically for the 6700.

HP Recommended

No apologies necessary @eezacque  Smiley Happy

I suggest calling HP.  If you are in Canada or US call 800 474 6836, or you can Contact HP Worldwide.

HP printers generally have a 1 year warranty from their purchase date, you can verify the warranty using the following link if you would like; warranty check. 

Don't hesitate to call, even if the printer is out of warranty, the cartridges could be in warranty; therefore, there wouldn't likely be a fee for the phone support. HP will, at HP's option, either replace products under warranty that prove to be defective or refund the purchase price.

They could even determine after troubleshooting that it is a problem with the printer, in which case they may offer you a discount on a newer model.

The number to call HP is 1-800-474-6836 for Canada and US, or you can Contact HP Worldwide.

To find the “Warranty Ends” date, look in the following table for the date's location on each product. The date follows the YYYY/MM/DD or YYYY/MM format, where YYYY indicates the year, MM indicates the month, and DD indicates the day.

I hope this helps.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

@Sunshyn2005 wrote:

I suggest calling HP.  If you are in Canada or US call 800 474 6836, or you can Contact HP Worldwide.

HP printers generally have a 1 year warranty from their purchase date, you can verify the warranty using the following link if you would like; warranty check. 

Don't hesitate to call, even if the printer is out of warranty, the cartridges could be in warranty; therefore, there wouldn't likely be a fee for the phone support. HP will, at HP's option, either replace products under warranty that prove to be defective or refund the purchase price.

I hope this helps.

I am afraid this printer is out of warranty, but I will call HP nevertheless.

I must say I am disappointed in HP. This printer was not very expensive, but the money spent on ink has exceeded the price of the printer, most of was wasted with flushing the print head, or simply dried out. We specifically bought a new set of cartridges, only to find that the problem is not on the ink cartridges. Overall, the costs per page is outrageous: no more HP for me.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.