Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Have you tried cleaning the cartridge contacts as mentioned in the earlier post?

What is the cartridge warranty ends date?

Thanks

Ciara

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

The only thing you can do is remove the color cartridge and use your printer for B&W printing, scanning, etc.. We all hoped that HP would do something to fix that chineesish cartrige production issue but this is now almost one year that we all complain about the same problem and they just won't do nothing about it. For color printing, I would recommend buying another printer from a real company, which HP is not anymore.

HP Recommended

I also blew a few times on the electrical contacts of the cartridge, and it worked (so far).  It is kind of astonishing to have a high-tech problem solved by Stone-Age juju, but there it is.

HP Recommended

Dear Sir,

I am using the above mentioned model HP Printer Scanner. Now I can't able to scan documents by using the device ( Printer Scanner ) It shows a red indication & a report " Refer to Device documentation to trubble shootings.Plz advice me .

HP Recommended

Hello goldcine.

I understand you are unable to scan documents. I need to find out exactly what type of printer you have. Please click on this website: Model Number.

When you are trying to scan a document either from your computer or your printer, what is the error message you are receiving? Please indicate the exact message.

Also what is your Operating System on your computer? Windows or MAC.

Once I know the exact error message I can provide you with advice and troubleshooting steps.

Looking forward to hear from you.

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Dear Sir,

I used to scan documents & pictures using the printer front panal option. Recentely i was not able to scan documents using front panal button.When try to scan a document the panal window shows "Refer to Device Documentation to trubleshoot ".

My Prineter details :- HP Officejet 4500 , FPU NO. CB867 - 64001

Serial No.[Personal Information Removed]

Operating System :- Windows XP

[Personal Information Removed]

HP Recommended

Thank you for your updated response.

Please refer to this HP document to help resolve your issue on A 'No Scan Options' or 'Scan settings are not set' Message Displays on the All-in-One. Choose your correct Operating System and follow this entire document.

Let me know if this document resolves your issue. If this doesn't resolve your issue I will continue to assist you further.  

Ashley

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

spit, haha, first time i read this, i can believe i will try this way, but it works, really really weird, LOL, thanks anyway.

HP Recommended
I'm having the same problem. Will someone please help
HP Recommended

See further back in the convo where blowing on, spitting on, or just cleaning the electrical contacts of the color ink cartridge has worked for some people.  I just had to repeat the procedures yesterday.  I suppose it has something to do with conductivity across the contacts, cheesy materials, etc.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.