Question

Student
bdhtg8956
Message 1 of 2 (1,073 Views)

HP Officejet 4500 all in one printer G510g-m

I am having an issue with my black ink cartridge. After inserting a new cartridge the screen says "The following cartridge is not available for printing:  [Black].  I have followed the HP assistant steps in removing and reinstalling, turning printer off an on, cleaning cartridge, and returning and exchanging cartridge for a new cartridge.  New cartridge gets the same message.  When I put my old cartridge in (that has no ink) it does not give me this message and shows the ink level as extremely low (it doesn't have ink). 

Teacher
YanaIce
Message 2 of 2 (1,057 Views)

Re: HP Officejet 4500 all in one printer G510g-m

Hello There,

Make sure you have removed the protective tape (half red - half transparent) on the cartridge. Perhaps try following the steps again in the link below ... if it still doesn't work, call HP call center and have your unit replace if it is still under warranty.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01953073&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lc...

" Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.
. "
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation