Question

Student
jhoff93
Message 1 of 7 (4,400 Views)

HP Officejet 4620 Ink and Printer: Prints Blank pages.

I used office depot ink in my printer after the setup ink ran out. It stopped working after the first few prints. I know now that I should have bought the HP brand first b/c of the sensors. Now, I put in brand new HP 564xl ink. It still prints off blank pages like there's no ink. I did the clean and align printer heads. The color sections was fine but no black ink parts came through. I reset it, made sure it was in the correct spot, everything, but it still won't work. I have Windows 7. How can I fix this?

Distinguished Professor
Shirlzz1
Message 2 of 7 (4,348 Views)

Re: HP Officejet 4620 Ink and Printer: Prints Blank pages.

Here is a document that addresses the printer having a poor quality output problem. It will give you solutions to try and resolve that issue that you are currently having with the printer. Also, when you did the printhead cleaning, did you do all the levels of cleaning? I would go though them all or stop when quality improves because each level is more intense than the prior one at trying to remove the clogs from the nozzles. 

I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
Student
ishkabibel
Message 3 of 7 (3,712 Views)

installed genuine hp ink carts  printed once ok now wont print black

Regents Professor
UniProg
Message 4 of 7 (3,662 Views)

Hello ishkabibel,

Please click on the link provided by Shirlzz1 in the post directly before your post, and perform the troubleshooting steps and let me know if that helps get your black back.

Good luck!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Honor Student
canyouhelpme
Message 5 of 7 (3,450 Views)

All colors print except cyan.

I bought a new one and it still doesn't print.

Does the print head needs cleaning?  How do I do this?

Honor Student
canyouhelpme
Message 6 of 7 (3,449 Views)

how do i clean printheads

how do I clean printheads?

Regents Professor
jason_h
Message 7 of 7 (3,433 Views)

Re: how do i clean printheads

Hey canyouhelpme,

I would like to provide assistance with your issue.  I see you are having an issue with your printer being able to produce Cyan color in printouts.  However, what model HP printer do you have?

What is the Operating System of the computer connected with your HP printer?

Do you have the full feature software for your printer installed on this computer?

What is the method of connection? (USB, ethernet, wireless)

Are you using Genuine HP cartridges?  Have you ever used refills/remanufactured cartridges?

Do you remember any specific details about the time when the unit quit printing Cyan?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-Printing-Questions/Want-Good-Answers-Ask-Good-Questions/td-p/2094

Jason

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation