Question

Student
GypsieSoul
Message 1 of 6 (145 Views)

HP Officejet 4620-Replaced black ink, now doesn't work

My printer was running low on black ink so I purchased a new one,like always and replaced it and now the black in will NOT print at all.   This printer is used for my bussiness and I really needed it working ASAP! Please help!

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 6 (125 Views)

Re: HP Officejet 4620-Replaced black ink, now doesn't work

The document here may help resolve black not printing on your Offciejet 4620.  Be sure to check the vents as shown in solution three.

If the above troubleshooting steps do not resolve the issue check your warranty.  Is the printer still covered?  If so contact HP for service, 1-800-HPINVENt in the US,  or elsewhere see the contact information here.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Honor Student
OfficeDarling
Message 3 of 6 (120 Views)

I am having the same problem today.  Tried ALL the troubleshooting tips, including cleaning the vent, with no success.  Also tried cleaning the cartridges twice.  No luck!  Tried two different new HP black Print Cartridges, still won't print black.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 4 of 6 (112 Views)

For each of you the warranty can be checked with HP's warranty tool here.   Is the printer still in warranty?

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Honor Student
OfficeDarling
Message 5 of 6 (110 Views)

Mine was not, but fortunately I had purchased an extended warranty plan with the office supply store when I purchased the printer 21 months ago. 

HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 6 of 6 (49 Views)

Hi GypsieSoul,

What was the outcome after using the document  Bob_Headrick suggested?

As you have a 4620, If the issue persists, I would suggest calling HP Phone Support regardless of whether it is in or out of warranty, as you may require a replacement printer.

The number to call HP is 1-800-474-6836 for Canada and US, or you can Contact HP Worldwide.

Please let me know if the issue is resolved, or if you call HP what the outcome is. Thanks.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please click the "Thumbs Up", just below, if you LIKE my post, or to say Thanks for helping!
Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation