Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

There is no cure for this error.  You will have to purchase a new printer.  I suggest something other than HP since no one in the HP tech community is able to provide an answer that works.  Look at all the posts for this stupid error.  They all go something like, "Tried that, didn't work".  I ended up purchasing a Kodak hero.

HP Recommended

yeah, i think that would be my last resort. ffrom PAPER JAM to CARTRIDGE JAM, and now CARTRIDGE ERROR! aaaaaaaaaarggh!

HP Recommended

Please expalin what is that mean....

HP Recommended

just changed cartridges to Hp as i had changed to ink depot, solved the problem immediately

HP Recommended
had the same problem and changed my cartridges to Hp ones and solved the problem ( had changed to ink depot)
HP Recommended

My printer stopped printing and show this error message:  refer to device doucmentation to troubleshoot

HP Recommended

I got same error message. I was using re-mfg HP cartridge b&w (HP27). Changed it to original HP cartridge and problem went away. I have HP5610 AIO. Unfortunately, this is how HP force you to buy their product.

HP Recommended

Eventhough i'm using hp original products (hp c9352=22; hp c6656=56), the problem still remains... i've  never used other products for the printer.

@MrDs wrote:

I got same error message. I was using re-mfg HP cartridge b&w (HP27). Changed it to original HP cartridge and problem went away. I have HP5610 AIO. Unfortunately, this is how HP force you to buy their product.

HP Recommended

I buy cartridges at the HP store , often by two pack.  I just loaded NEW cartridges in color and black and white: #22 and 27.  I cannot get them to work , as the unit says cartridge error all the time.  I just notice that these cartridges expired in June of 2014 and may. ??   So is HP saying that they are not required to work at all?   What is going on here?

HP Recommended

have cartridge error, refer to  device documentation to troubleshoot. kindlt assist

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.