Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Nothing seems to work. THese are brand new HP cartridges and don't have hardly ant time on them.  What a piece of garbage.  DO NOT BUY--POOR SUPPORT.

HP Recommended

cartridge error: refer to device documentation to troubleshoot.

HP Recommended
@snako- if your printer is the same one mentioned in the title thread, here is a link to a document that addresses cartridge error messages for that model of printer. It will give troubleshooting steps to try in an attempt to resolve that error message. I hop that this helps.
I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
HP Recommended

cartridge erro: refer to device documentation to troubleshoot

how to fix this problem?

HP Recommended

@nathaliejoane
What printer do you have? If you have the same printer as the above users then click on the link below it may be able to assist with your issue.

Print Cartridge Error

HP Recommended

What finally solved my issue all in all was changing out the black "27" print cartridge and replacing it with a brand new ink cartrdige. I was also not only surprised but, extremely relieved that I did not have to replace both cartridges. So if you follow the steps advised and the recommendation is to replace just the black ink cartridge then I would definitely do so. I only say this because at first I did hesitate think replacing only one cartrdige would not resolve the issue!!!

HP Recommended

thanking 4r ur approval,....

ur a/c id

HP Recommended

I agree!

HP Recommended

Thanks this worked for me also

HP Recommended

same thing happened to me while in office. both cartridges are new and genuine. when i installed and follow the instruction of ALIGNING PAGE. still CARTRIDGE ERROR, TRICOLOR. so i just bought a new one again, same genuine HP #22 Tricolor as the HP says it is the defective cartridge. i followed the documentation as instructed and yet, same problem persists. i do not know what else to do. please help.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.