Question

Student
BamaAdrian
Message 1 of 2 (74 Views)

HP Officejet 6000 Printing Inconsitently in Black

I have an Officejet 6000 and I am running Windows 8.1 on my HP Envy

I recently tried to use my printer (after about 6 months of not using it) because our network printer went down.  It printed inconsistently, almost in waves of verying shades of gray.  I changed out the cartridge with a new HP cartridge and it did not improve.  I then cleaned out the contact where the cartridge is installed and still have the same problem. 

Any ideas on what I can do?  The trouble shooting guides I have found on this site don't address windows 8 and I cannot find an alternate way to calibrate my printer or run a self clean.

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks!

HP Support Agent
RnRMusicMan
Message 2 of 2 (60 Views)

Re: HP Officejet 6000 Printing Inconsitently in Black

[ Edited ]

Hi BamaAdrian,

Welcome to the HP Forums! :smileyhappy:

I understand that your HP Officejet 6000 is printing inconsistently, almost in waves of varying shades of gray.

I am happy to help!

Please take a look through this guide. Troubleshooting Print Quality Issues.

Otherwise, Please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. Country-language selector.

Hope this information helps, and have a great day! :smileyhappy:

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation