05-09-2014 08:47 AM
I have an Officejet 6000 and I am running Windows 8.1 on my HP Envy
I recently tried to use my printer (after about 6 months of not using it) because our network printer went down. It printed inconsistently, almost in waves of verying shades of gray. I changed out the cartridge with a new HP cartridge and it did not improve. I then cleaned out the contact where the cartridge is installed and still have the same problem.
Any ideas on what I can do? The trouble shooting guides I have found on this site don't address windows 8 and I cannot find an alternate way to calibrate my printer or run a self clean.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
05-12-2014 02:38 PM - edited 05-12-2014 02:39 PM
Welcome to the HP Forums!
I understand that your HP Officejet 6000 is printing inconsistently, almost in waves of varying shades of gray.
I am happy to help!
Please take a look through this guide. Troubleshooting Print Quality Issues.
Otherwise, Please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. Country-language selector.
Hope this information helps, and have a great day!
I work on behalf of HP
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!
- Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Americas and Asia)
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- HP Instant Ink - What Is HP Instant Ink?