HP Officejet 6000 is not printing black (12546 Views)
Student
miguelalopez
Message 1 of 16 (12,546 Views)

HP Officejet 6000 is not printing black

I have an HP Officejet 6000 and it suddenly does not print in black ink.  It will only print the color portions of the document.  I have cleaned the copper connectors, I have changed the cartridge.  I have printed a quality diagnostic page, i have aligned the printheads and i have cleaned the printheads with a second level cleaning twice, i have also cleaned the vent of the cartridge with a pin.  Nothing is working.  What else should i do?

Student
dwidman01
Message 2 of 16 (12,491 Views)

Re: HP Officejet 6000 is not printing black

I am having the exact same problem and have tried the same things to no avail.  Any help would really be appreciated.

PhD Student
Binary_Zen
Message 3 of 16 (12,464 Views)

1. Check the Vent Area of the cartridges

Vent area on the cartridge

2. If the cartridge still has the orange pull-tab attached, pull to remove it.
    Figure 10: Remove the orange pull-tab
  3. If the cartridge has a clogged vent, try cleaning the vent with a pin.
    Figure 11: Correctly vented cartridge
    Figure 12: Vent clogged with adhesive
  4. Repeat these steps to inspect the vents on each of the cartridges.
  5. After inspecting the cartridges to make sure they are vented correctly, reinstall each cartridge.
Binary_Zen (worked at HP )

Click the white Kudos star to say thanks
Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem
Top Student
JimMallabar
Message 4 of 16 (11,851 Views)

I'm having the same issue.  Vent seems to be clear.  Should I be able to Jam a pin down into the ink well?  Did this clear up the issue you were having?  Looking for the next solution.

Student
trabe
Message 5 of 16 (11,763 Views)

I recently purchased a full set of new ink cartridges.  After installing them I got a printhead failure message.  I bought a new printhead after trying several times to clean the old one per online advice.  Now I get ink system failure.  The ink and the printhead cost more than the printer.  Printer 18 months old.  First cartridge replacement.  light use.  Had cheapo lexmark for 10 years.  Any body got any ideas?  Obviously out of warranty.  Can't see how 1-time repair or replace could be worth the shipping.

PhD Student
Binary_Zen
Message 6 of 16 (11,750 Views)

Hi Trabe,

You can call HP's tech support to see if they can help you out. Ink cartridges and printheads usually have a 1 year warranty.

Binary_Zen (worked at HP )

Click the white Kudos star to say thanks
Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem
Top Student
JimMallabar
Message 7 of 16 (11,739 Views)

I used what seemed to be a fairly common solution, I bought a new printer. 3 days later the HP was printing black ink again. Go figure.
Student
tazyx
Message 8 of 16 (10,920 Views)

Same problem here, black don't print anymore ...
Changed black cartridge with a new one, same problem.
In utility it sees ink level in any cartridge (inclusive black) but not print black, not a single drop. Old black cartridge who prints yesterday, today is 3/4 full and not print.
Please help.
Honor Student
trendsetter7878
Message 9 of 16 (9,910 Views)

Is there any solution to this problem?

I have done everything that is said here and I have switched cartridges but nothing is working. Any tips on how to get the Officejet 6000 to print  black again?

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 10 of 16 (9,900 Views)

I would suggest the troubleshooting steps in this document.  If that does not resolve the issue then the post here may help.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You".

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ---->

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation