Question

Honor Student
rascal22810
Message 1 of 7 (423 Views)

HP Officejet 6100 Printer

932 Setup black

use the SETUP cartridges that came with your printer for printer initialization.

That is the cartridge that is in there. So now what???

Regents Professor
Rudy1906
Message 2 of 7 (409 Views)

Re: HP Officejet 6100 Printer

Sorry that you are having a problem with your printer and initializing. 

Try to perform a hard reset on the printer. Unplug the power cord from the back. Leave it out for 30 seconds and plug it back in. 

Is this a new printer? Have you had another cartridge in before?

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Honor Student
rascal22810
Message 3 of 7 (398 Views)

tried the hard restart and didnt work, it is a warenty replacement unit hp sent out so it is new. I think my dad tried his old cartridge befor he put in the startup one.

Regents Professor
Rudy1906
Message 4 of 7 (395 Views)

It seems that something is not reading correctly. You can contact HP Support (1800-474-6836). It does need the SETUP cartridges.

You can continue to try to clean the contacts and print head to see if anything changes. 

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Honor Student
Message 5 of 7 (346 Views)

New Printer on lite, resume and wireless button flashing

Honor Student
Message 6 of 7 (345 Views)

on, resume and wireless flashing

Distinguished Professor
VisionAiry
Message 7 of 7 (339 Views)

When the Resume light and wireless button is flashing, it is not specified in this document titled "Blinking Lights" but I do suggest holding down the cancel button and trying to print the printer status report.  If it does not print, do a hard reset on the printer and check ink levels.  If it does print, confirm it is still has a wireless connection.  You may need to set it back up on the wireless network in order to print.

I hope this helps but if it does not, review the document above for more suggestions, otherwise, what is the printer's IP address?  If you do not see one on the printer status report, read page 113 of the User Guide  for instructions on how to set up your printer on to your wireless network. 

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" if I helped solve your problem.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

Every problem has a solution!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation