Question

Student
Dubber51
Message 1 of 2 (595 Views)

HP Officejet 6210 All-in-one print cartridge alignment

When I use the "print cartridge alignment" feature on the printer, I get an error message "alignment failed".  I tried several times and finally resorted to re-installing and updating to the most current software for this printer.  Still to no avail.  Is my only option to take this printer in for repairs?  It is several years old and most likely I can replace it for cheaper than repair costs.

I need to get photos printed onto fabric for a memory quilt and was really counting on this printer as it has never let me down in the past.

Any suggestions?

Regents Professor
Rudy1906
Message 2 of 2 (586 Views)

Re: HP Officejet 6210 All-in-one print cartridge alignment

Sorry that you are having problems with the "alignment failed" error code. This is not a software (computer) issue. 

This is a hardware issue with the printer itself. Sometimes this occurs when the cartridges or the print head is bad or needs cleaning. 

Here is a link that may assist you with this problem. 

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=buu00657&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=...

""Click on the WHITE STAR if you would like to say THANKS""

Let me know if this helps.

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation