03-27-2013 04:14 PM
When I use the "print cartridge alignment" feature on the printer, I get an error message "alignment failed". I tried several times and finally resorted to re-installing and updating to the most current software for this printer. Still to no avail. Is my only option to take this printer in for repairs? It is several years old and most likely I can replace it for cheaper than repair costs.
I need to get photos printed onto fabric for a memory quilt and was really counting on this printer as it has never let me down in the past.
03-28-2013 02:45 PM
Sorry that you are having problems with the "alignment failed" error code. This is not a software (computer) issue.
This is a hardware issue with the printer itself. Sometimes this occurs when the cartridges or the print head is bad or needs cleaning.
Here is a link that may assist you with this problem.
""Click on the WHITE STAR if you would like to say THANKS""
Let me know if this helps.
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
- Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Americas and Asia)
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- HP Instant Ink - What Is HP Instant Ink?