Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

ok, I soaked the printhead, last night, until the water ran clear. I let it dry overnight.  I re-installed it into the printer, and re-installed the ink cartrages, and i get this error message:  "Ink system has failed.  unable to copy, receive faxes, or print. Refer to printer documentation Error: 0-c19a0013, Turn power off then on again."

So what should I do? I took our the ink cartrages again, and re-seated the printhead, put the lever down, and re seated the ink cartrages. I turned the power off and on again. And I get the same message...  😞

HP Recommended

Bob,

I have to say, after soaking the printhead, and still having an error message appear, and after calling HP for help in anyway to try to run through various things, still to no effect, only them trying to tell me my printer was 'faulty', and how I needed to buy  a new one..That all happened yesterday....

BUT I WAS SITTING HERE, AND REFUSING TO ACCEPT THAT BIT OF ADVICE.

I ran a 'printhead cleaner' through the front of the printer itself. The first time, only colored ink....So I went ahead and went through the 2nd level cleaning....and guess what???? IT WORKS!!! HALLELLUHA, THANK YOU JESUS!!!... AND BOB OF COURSE.

Just wanted to share, to let everyone know...DON'T JUST GIVE UP THE FIRST TIME..EVEN IF HP SAYS YOU NEED TO BUY A NEW ONE....PRAY...AND AFTER THE SOAK CLEANING, THEN RUN THE 'PRINTHEAD CLEAN' THROUGH THE 2ND LEVEL....

I had been getting an error message, after the soak, saying the ink cartage thingy was messed up...So do the reset and that sets it back to default, that's what I did....AND IT WORKED!!!

SO HAPPY, CAN YOU TELL???  🙂  🙂  🙂 

HP Recommended

am trying the suggestion of water etc. will update when trial completed.

HP Recommended

Hi psj101,

Have you been able to resolve the issue with your HP Officejet 6500 E709n printer not being able to print black ink?

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

The drastic problem solver is a new black ink printhead for a minimum cost of I found at $134. The next thing is the other printhead will go out almost immediately as they always do. I for one purchased a great new mobile all in one printer as a replacement.

Prices as they are would dicatate a printer purchase for the same or only a bit more then purchase of the two printheads.

Have a good day.

HP Recommended

Hi All

Having cleaned my print head 8 weeks ago, the black is not printing today, although the colours are.

I thought about all your comments and then had an idea re the internal cleaning mechanism. What cleans that?

And so I had a look - huge amounts of gunge. Now the hard part is how do I remove the cover to access it and clean it too? and that's where I am up to now. Removing the two front screws from the HP6500 709n appears to do nothing so I guess I have to remove the scanner/automatic feed top first. And how to do that without breaking the hinges... All good fun hey? Cheers Mike

HP Recommended

Hi troubleshooter8,

I understand your HP printer is unable to print black ink even though you cleaned the printhead 8 weeks ago. The only thing that I will recommend in regards to getting this issue resolved is to take a look at the follow link: http://goo.gl/cS7OXc.

If you have any other questions, feel free to post back!

Thank you,

HP Recommended

What worked:  Hard reset - turn off, unplug, hold down 9 and #, plug in again and turn on.  Don't know how long you need to hold the buttons down but I held them until the solid block on the LCD stopped moving. 

When the printer finished its initialization, it printed out an alignment page and black was back!

What didn't work: 

• Clean heads (but used a ton of ink, including colored until I got smart and put in some empty colored cartridges)
  • Rinsing printhead (but probably didn't hurt either)
  • Semi-hard resets (3 and #, 6 and #, or just unplugging and replugging)
HP Recommended

Thanks HandyAndy,

I checked the black cartidge breathe port (no probs) and gave it a wipe anyway, then removed the printhead and cartridges again and soaked for 5 mins under hot water and ran the tap through the print filter ports until clear water. Dried all off with a paper towel, reinstalled, ignored error messages and pulled the plug on the printer (which is actually a 709q). The printer power had been on during the above procedure. It then reinitialised and conducted a print head alignment etc and volia - the black ink is flowing again. I left the printer alone over the weekend after the last clean on Friday evening.

I also found a black smudge on the cartidge cradle electrical terminal so cleaned that with a damp cotton bud to remove.

Thanks for the link and it appears the combination of all of the above sorted it. One or all.

Cheers

Mike

HP Recommended

Hi Toolworker & troubleshooter8,

Glad we were all able to get this issue resolved! Feel free to post back if you have any other questions.

Thank you,

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.