Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi anotherCA ,

After reviewing the issue,  I would recommend contacting HP directly.  You can utilize this website to learn how to contact HP appropriately, based on your region: Contact HP Worldwide.

Thank you for posting on the HP Forums.

Please click “Accept as Solution " if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks" for helping!

Jamieson
I work on behalf of HP

"Remember, I'm pulling for you, we're all in this together!" - Red Green.
HP Recommended

Okay, so I clicked on US-English and got to a window that has a choice of "Contact Us," but when I click on that, it loops around to the same screen over and over...no phone number.

I really need to get this printer fixed or buy a new one, help!

HP Recommended

Hi bkbeebe,

I would recommend contacting HP at the following number:

1-800-474-6836

Thanks,

Please click “Accept as Solution " if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Jamieson
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Ok I was having the very same issue. I tried all the remedies everyone gave me.

One last Hail Mary I thought,  I too out the ink cartidges and the cartridge holder. This has tiny screens that seem to get plugged up. I tried water soaking etc nothing worked.

Finally I took hydrogen peroxide and let it soak for 5 min. Ran it under water and then dried off the unit. That finally worked.

Hope this helps because if not was going to buy a new machine

HP Recommended

I have been wasting my color cartridges in trying to get this Black Cartridge to print.  Having just installed new magenta and cyan cartridges at the same time, now I'm getting the message to buy new ones!

I've soaked the print head in hot water and replaced - to no avail.  Now I'll try one last time to get the water to run clear, but I am not hopeful. HP should not allow black ink cartridges to stop up a whole printer and not have a test page with JUST the BLack, since it is a known problem.

Really upset.

HP Recommended

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I followed the steps and FINALLY have the printer working again! Just frustrating since we spent so much time troubleshooting.... lesson learned to google search these issues.

And the reconfiguring really does takes a long time... but i find this printer to be pokey any way - so no small surprise.

HP Recommended

I agree...there should be a black ONLY test page.

Mine just started having this issue.  LITERALLY the day before yesterday I was printing just fine,...good quality etc..... next day, 24 hrs later, no black at all.

I just replaced cartridges within the last month or so and it has been fine...genuine cartridges.

My question is this -- in cleaning/soaking the printhead, do you have to use brand new cartridges again or will the old ones be OK assuming there is not a problem woth the carts themselves?   Carts are too expensive to be tossing brand new ones.

For that wasteful cost, might as well just buy a whole new printer to save tha tcost and the hassle.  LOL

HP Recommended

Well, tried washing with water and then soaked in alcohol for a couple hours........then let sit overnight to dry and then used hair dryer....

No luck. No black. I also got a "alignment failure" when trying it this time..........

Going to soak in alcohol again all day and see what happens.

HP Recommended

Hi @davezav ,

I would advise against using alcohol on the printheads, as it can cause damage.  After reviewing the steps you've already taken, I would recommend giving us a call:

Contact HP

Thanks.

Jamieson
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I have HP Officejet 6500 Wireless printer, black ink is not printing.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.