Question

Student
Kauluwehi339
Message 1 of 2 (177 Views)

HP Officejet 6500 Printer - Ink Problem

I have an Officejet 6500 Printer.  For a while, my work was only supplying the Recycled Ink cartridges, but my printer wasn't really recognizing them as full even though they were newly installed.  I have since made them switch back to the Genuine HP cartridges.  However, now my printer is not using the black inkjet cartridge.  Most of my documents are black, but the level of the black cartridge has never gone down.  However, my color cartridges are depleting at a rapid rate.  How do I fix this?  I am not receiving any error on the printer.  It is just combining the color cartridges to print black.  Please help!  Thanks!

HP Support Agent
Jon-W
Message 2 of 2 (153 Views)

Re: HP Officejet 6500 Printer - Ink Problem

Hello,

Usually with a printer that uses a single printhead it shouldnt be combining all of the colours to make black, and should actually stop printing if the black is empty. Sometimes recycled or refilled cartridges can actually damage the printhead and cause this type of issue since the ink is not the same consistency that the printhead is designed to handle.

I would take a look at this great post linked below as it seems to resolve most peoples issues:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-Printing-Questions/HP-6500-Office-jet-E709a-Black-printer-cartrid...

Jon-W
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the KUDOS STAR on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation