02-12-2013 10:41 AM
I have an Officejet 6500 Printer. For a while, my work was only supplying the Recycled Ink cartridges, but my printer wasn't really recognizing them as full even though they were newly installed. I have since made them switch back to the Genuine HP cartridges. However, now my printer is not using the black inkjet cartridge. Most of my documents are black, but the level of the black cartridge has never gone down. However, my color cartridges are depleting at a rapid rate. How do I fix this? I am not receiving any error on the printer. It is just combining the color cartridges to print black. Please help! Thanks!
02-13-2013 12:07 AM
Usually with a printer that uses a single printhead it shouldnt be combining all of the colours to make black, and should actually stop printing if the black is empty. Sometimes recycled or refilled cartridges can actually damage the printhead and cause this type of issue since the ink is not the same consistency that the printhead is designed to handle.
I would take a look at this great post linked below as it seems to resolve most peoples issues:
I work on behalf of HP
Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the KUDOS STAR on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
- Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Americas and Asia)
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- HP Instant Ink - What Is HP Instant Ink?