dstorni
Message 42 of 135 (11,755 Views)

Re: HP Officiate 6500 Wireless will not print with black ink

this reset did nothing for mine. i have an L7590 all in one

Student
Yogafrau
Message 43 of 135 (11,729 Views)

Re: HP Officejet 6500 Wireless will not print with black ink

Wow, I guess I am not alone...I am so frustrated about my printer...have had these no printing black text issues for months now...the unplug thing worked a couple of times, not this time..and running all these cleanings and aligning ate my entire color ink which I just put in two days ago...that is unacceptable. I can't align the printheads, it fails each time. I guess I have to buy a new and different printer finally...at least now I know that it's a HP Office jet 6500 issue..

Top Student
BigDsBees
Message 44 of 135 (11,725 Views)

Well, after all of the cleaning and resetting I finally gave up.  I did get a few months more out of the printer but, in retrospect, it really wasn't worth the aggravation.  I took the HP printer to Staples and asked them to recycle it.  Whew, what a relief!  Then I found an inexpensive Canon all-in-one that works just fine.  HP lost my business on this deal.

Tutor
dstorni
Message 45 of 135 (11,706 Views)

Yup! I've been HP loyal for literally 20 years. Think I'll be looking at Canon, too. Thanks!

Tutor
valer
Message 46 of 135 (11,554 Views)

Which Canon did you buy?  I"ve replaced black cartridge, wiped,soaked, alcoholed, #3 and #9 without success.  What a shame that such a nice machine has such poor engineering.   

Top Student
BigDsBees
Message 47 of 135 (11,548 Views)

The printer is a Canon Pixima MX432 all-in-one. It has worked without a hitch, although it has only been light duty. Hope this is of some help.

Tutor
valer
Message 48 of 135 (11,538 Views)

Thank you for your suggestion and I will look for this.  Meanwhile, I can thumb drive over to the other computer and print from that while scanning and faxing from my all in one HP 6500.  What fun!!  It has become a 2 in one from an all in one. 

Student
Danab1212
Message 49 of 135 (11,207 Views)

[ Edited ]

Ours had the same problem.  Black ink just quit printing one day.  Colored inks worked fine.

We did a few things...

1) Rebooted computer - ran a print test ... still didn't work...

2) Turned off printer at button - ran a print test ... still didn't work...

3) Used a little rubbing alcohol towlette on the black ink cartridge opening AND where it inserts into the printer

4) Closed up printer, then unplugged the printer cord in the back where the cord plugs into printer... let sit unplugged for @ 15 minutes.

5) Replugged in cord and did a test.... BLACK INK IS BACK! 

Can't tell you if it was one thing, or a combination, but the black is darker than ever before. 

Sharp. Crisp. Working!!!!

Student
vppn
Message 50 of 135 (10,949 Views)

This has been one of the best printers I have owned. All of the sudden the black just stopped printing. I did as suggested using #3. Rubbing alchohol on a Q-Tip. Be sure to get into the black round circle where the ink transfers from the cartridge to the printer.

My printer now works terrific again. I worked for HP for a few years and sold this printer. After buying it for myself I sold more of this printer than any another model. I don't work for HP anymore but would buy this printer again in a heart beat if I needed another one. While Cannon and other companies make a decent printer, you will see that they eat up ink much more than HP. You can go into any store to buy HP cartridges, not so for other brands. The best deal for ink is to call HP direct. Free overnnight delivery plus a great deal. Again, I DO NOT work for HP but highly recommend their products.HP products were easy to sell because they are terrific.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation