Question
HP Officejet 6500 Wireless will not print with black ink
Replies (134)

Student
Message 51 of 135 (8,715 Views)

Re: HP Officejet 6500 Wireless will not print with black ink

I have done everything shows on the submissions and responses for printer printing blank pages.  It was perfect one night right after changing cartridge - printed about 40 sheets.  The next morning it printed blanks.  

Student
darcijo
Message 52 of 135 (8,609 Views)

Thanks for the tip Pokerchip...i followed your advice and did exactly as you said and it worked for me! I let my printhead dry overnight, and it was good to go in less than 12 hrs. My only problem now is that i'm getting a thick pale black line on the right side of my pages, so i'm thinking something may have gotten on a roller and now i'll have to figure out how to clean that.

Honor Student
eaglenine
Message 53 of 135 (8,571 Views)

Re: HP Officejet 6500 Wireless will not print or copy with black ink

I was able to resolve this problem by taking the print cartridge out, cleaning it thoroughly and then reinstalling it.  Then I went through the process of re-initializing the printer, (taking the power off for 15 seconds, and re-applying the power while holding the # and 3 keys, continuing to hold these keys until the printer send a message that it is "preparing to print"). 

I also had to re-establish connectivity as directed by the help process.

Tutor
valer
Message 54 of 135 (8,552 Views)

Re: HP Officejet 6500 Wireless will not print or copy with black ink

You are fortunate.  I did that and more but still didn't work.  The 6700 that I bought prints fine but now having trouble with paper jams after printing an envelope.  I intend to take it apart today and work on that problem.  

Tutor
dstorni
Message 55 of 135 (8,542 Views)

I soaked mine 3 times. It finally worked after the 3rd time. So the solution works... sometimes requiring patience.. and lots of expletives.

Student
johnsoma
Message 56 of 135 (8,491 Views)

I too could not get the black ink replacement cartridge to work.  I took and cleaned the heads multiple times.  Nothing.  I then wiped down with tissue the contacts that do not pop out.

Presto.  Printed perfectly.

Back in business.

Student
wintermute1
Message 57 of 135 (8,443 Views)

This problem just happened to me.  I replaced an ink cartridge before i found this forum.  I am hoping the suggested fix (#3) takes care of the problem.

If not, I will junk this and get a laser printer.

Frustrating.

Student
hjoestrick9
Message 58 of 135 (8,135 Views)

Well, I have went as far as to buy a new print head directly from HP to no avail. I even tried #3 and still nothing. With over 8000 views and complaints on this subject you would think HP would take notice and try to help. But, if they told you the shortcut to fix the issue....you wouldn't burn up all their ink ;-)

Student
Myah59
Message 59 of 135 (8,120 Views)

You gotta wonder if they changed the make-up of the black ink since that's the one we are all having issues with. Iv'e tried to put a ticket into HP, but they say my printer is out of warranty, even tho' I bought 11/22/11, their site says 10/1/11, yet they acknowledge my receipt, they haven't updated. Guess I won't get a new print head from them... way to screw the consumer HP.

Honor Student
im4fabs
Message 60 of 135 (7,619 Views)

[ Edited ]

I had reached the end of my rope with this problem.  It has happened three times in the last year or so and when it happened again today, the only thing stopping me from tearing my Officejet 6500 to pieces with my bare hands was the thought of having to buy another printer.  In the past, I had also changed the ink cartridge, cleaned the contacts, purchased a new print head, etc. and yet the problem came and went on its own schedule.  In desperation, I did a search that landed me here, and after reading many of your posts, I tried disconnecting the power cord, waiting a bit and then holding down the # and 3 keys at the same time when plugging back in.  Held them down for a few seconds afterward and then let the printer do its thing.  When I saw the message about the alignment being successful, and saw the black ink on the report printing, tears of joy came to my eyes.  I'll continue to use this in the future, and if it doesn't work, will try some of the other tips I picked up here.  Many thanks to all of you for posting your experiences and saving me tons of grief!  Happy Holidays!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation