HP Officejet 6500 won't print in black
Replies (33)

HP Support Agent
Gemini02
Message 31 of 34 (111 Views)

Re: HP Officejet 6500 won't print in black

HI WantBlack2

I apologize, sorry about that.

I have included the firmware update link. Select your operating system and click next, select the link for update. Depending on the operating system there might be 2 or 3 there to update.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=3795314&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=us

You can try the document Bob posted previously for soaking the printheads.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-Printing-Questions/HP-6500-Office-jet-E709a-Black-printer-cartrid...

Let me know if that helps.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Gemini02
I work on behalf of HP
Student
sue1111
Message 32 of 34 (73 Views)

I cleaned the printer head with vodka, didn't have any rubbing alcohol, and it worked like a charm.  I had never done it before so didn't really know what I was doing, but soaked it, cleaned it off and let it dry.  The printer ran through a printer head reset of some sort and now printing great. The printer and I both enjoyed the vodka.

Student
Scraptree
Message 33 of 34 (41 Views)

I'm sick of the black printhead clogging at 2/3 full and having the run the clean cycle at the second level to waste nearly all of the colored ink. Today I installed all new cartridges and by the time I finally got the black working, I wasted 2/3 of the color cartridges so I can go spend another $60 on another 920 XL pack and only be able to use 1/3 of the black. I hope there is something wrong with the printhead so I can throw this printer away.  I calculate the cost of printing with this printer to be over 70 cents per page just for ink.

Student
Granuja
Message 34 of 34 (12 Views)

I followed the instructions with a tissue paper and had no results. Then I cleaned the contacts again with another tissue cloth moisted with a liquid for cleaning contacts and problem solved.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation