05-19-2013 06:06 PM
I have replaced the black cartridge with 2 new genuine HP black cartridges. The printer still displays the "damaged or missing black ink cartridge" and it will not print. I tried cleaning the contacts but no change.
05-19-2013 06:19 PM
The troubleshooting steps in this document may help resolve the issue. I have also heard of cases where one of the pins in the printer was slightly misaligned, check the pins for the black cartridge and compare with the others. It may be necessary to gently nudge the pin back into position.
Bob Headrick, HP Expert
I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.
If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V
If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V
03-19-2014 09:35 PM
I have replaced the Black cartridge and the printer does not want to recognize it. I have alighed printhead I have cleaned prntheads and I have unpluged the printer and waited 20 secs and repluged in and held down the # key etc. What do I need to do next to get this printer to work?
- Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Americas and Asia)
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- HP Instant Ink - What Is HP Instant Ink?