Question

Student
bigdad2747
Message 1 of 4 (1,224 Views)

HP Officejet 6500 won't recognize the black ink cartridge.

I have replaced the black cartridge with 2 new genuine HP black cartridges. The printer still displays the "damaged or missing black ink cartridge" and it will not print. I tried cleaning the contacts but no change.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 4 (1,220 Views)

Re: HP Officejet 6500 won't recognize the black ink cartridge.

The troubleshooting steps in this document may help resolve the issue.  I have also heard of cases where one of the pins in the printer was slightly misaligned, check the pins for the black cartridge and compare with the others.  It may be necessary to gently nudge the pin back into position.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Honor Student
nede
Message 3 of 4 (683 Views)

I have replaced the Black cartridge and the printer does not want to recognize it.  I have alighed printhead I have cleaned prntheads and I have unpluged the printer and waited 20 secs and repluged in and held down the # key etc.  What do I need to do next to get this printer to work?

Honor Student
nede
Message 4 of 4 (682 Views)

When can I get a repy to solve this problem?  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation