Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

The print head / ink cartridge carriage has jammed three times on separate occasions and cannot be moved.   Each time the jam has occurred as a result of using the red X on the printer's user interface panel to cancel a job.  On all occasions there has been no paper jammed in the printer.  The print carriage stalls at the right side of the machine.  Each time I have been forced to have a service technician free the carriage.

If users remember to use the Windows Printer Queue on their PC to cancel the job then the problem doesn't arise.

Is there a simpler solution (other than the instructions already on the HP web-site)?  If a technician can unjam the carriage why can't I do it?

I am starting to form the opinion that this is a flaw in the design of the HP Officejet 7500A related to allowing the printer to cancel a print job.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi there jclem,

Have you been through the steps in this article? If not give the steps outlined a shot and let us know if it helps.

Best of Luck!

You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
HP Recommended

Thanks JohnB.

Yes I have used the steps in the article.   Solutions one to six have no effect.  Each time Solution seven: a service call has been the only thing that works.

The cost of the service calls are adding up and will soon equate to the cost of a new printer.  I would prefer to do the sustainable thing and know how to fix this simple but recurring problem.

HP Recommended

Hi there jclem,

There does appear to be a firmware update for this printer which addresses many issues and may improve your perfromance. Select your OS here and give it a shot (under firmware) and let us know.

Best of Luck!

You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
HP Recommended

Yes, this is an old thread....I know. Hopefully new solutions have been found over the years? I'm having the same issue. There is no noticeable paper jam, and have followed all of the steps (except technician). I'm guessing I have the most recent firmware, not that I think it could be updated in this state.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.