Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (140 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Officejet 8600 ink refills from Costco Won't print.

Always buy HP printers at Costco. Buy one about every 1 1/2 years. The ink cartridges prices were breaking me and was so excited that Costco started refilling them. Worked fine the first time and now this time it wouldn't except the Cyan, so I went back to Costco and she replaced the chip. I got 4 more refilled of the different colors and came back to my home office to work and the printer won't work with my computer. I printed a test page direct from printer and it was fine, not from my computer as it keeps trying to make me buy cartridges direct. Please help me on this, I can't keep making trips to Costco and have work to do! This is not right. you sell your printers through Costco and then won't allow the HP  printer owner to have cartridges refilled at the same place! How can I eliminate this problem. Costco is now closed and I have major work to do. Thank you!

Regents Professor
sabretooth04
Message 2 of 3 (105 Views)

Re: HP Officejet 8600 ink refills from Costco Won't print.

It appears that Costco had refilled the cartridges wrong or damaged them.  To be sure, install new genuine HP cartridges and check.  If these work, take yours back to Costco for your money back.

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Thumbs Up to the right in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as an Accepted Solution ...
I worked for HP but now I'm retired!
Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (99 Views)

Re: HP Officejet 8600 ink refills from Costco Won't print.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I did take the 2 out that were causing the issue and put them back in, turned off printer, computer, etc. and got it going again. I think HP is overkill on their computer messages and that it is a control issue on their part. Your suggestion is what I will use the next time and then I will decide not to buy HP again if this happens.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation