06-28-2011 01:01 PM
I was having troubles with the black ink not printing correctly so after doing many cleanings I decieded to manually clean the print head. I took the printhead out of the printer then wipped the part where the ink comes out with a most paper towle. After I put the printhead back in the printer printed a print alignment page. OK. Now when ever I print anything the printer will after the print job is done print another alignment page. Is there a way to make it stop? Thanks for you help.
Solved! Go to Solution.
06-30-2011 06:33 AM
When you clean the printheads you should try to not clean the part where the ink is coming out of it (the nozzles). It's very easy to damage them and if that has happened, most likely the only way to resolve the issue is to replace the printhead. There are two things you could try to see if you can get the printhead working properly again: First thing is to clean the sensor that checks the nozzles. It's located on the right side in the printer at the bottom of the area in which the carriage moves, it looks like a metal strip that is just visible when the carriage is lcoated in the right-most side of the printer. Remember to use a cloth dampened with cold water. What you could try if this does not solve the problem and the nozzles are just clogged with ink and not really damaged, is to heat some water (almost to the boiling point) and then dip the part of the printhead whith the nozzles in the water for a little while. Let the printhead dry and then install it again and see if it works now.
This image is of where you can located the sensor that checks the nozzles of the printhead. The picture is not that great and is of another printer but it's located in the same place on the Officejet Pro 8000.
06-30-2011 08:44 AM
Thank you Pontus_N. The sensor was very inky. It still was not prining right after I clean the sensor so I dipped the print head in hot water for a while like you said and now it works great. Thank you.
08-10-2011 02:39 PM
I have an Officejet Pro 8500. I recently replaced the printhead, but now every time I print something, it aligns the printer - a waste of ink and paper - even though the printing is perfect. Any suggestions?
12-31-2011 07:31 AM
hi! i got hp officejet pro 8000 last week. In 2nd day there was streaks in blue colour. it does not respond to heacleaning. and then i replace the head with new genuine head. but the problem remais. can anybody help me please. thank u
04-26-2013 01:26 PM
I have an Officejet Pro 8000. I recently replaced the printhead, but now every time I print something, it aligns the printer - a waste of ink and paper - even though the printing is perfect and evrything is cleaned. Any suggestions?
05-07-2013 01:51 PM - edited 05-07-2013 01:52 PM
@MacNeilBlue- I am sorry that you are having an issue with the alignment page printing repeatedly. I would remove, and reseat the cartridges. Then I would repeat the alignment process as shown below.
- Open the HP product software:
- Windows XP: Click Start ( ), click All Programs , click HP , click the folder for your HP product, and then click the icon for your HP product ( ).
- Windows Vista or Windows 7: Click the Windows icon ( ), click All Programs , click HP , click the folder for your HP product, and then click the icon for your HP product ( ).
NOTE:You can also open the HP product software from your computer desktop: double-click the icon for your HP product ( ).The product software opens in a new window.
- Windows 8:
- Right-click or tap and hold the lower left corner of the screen, and then click or tap Search from the menu.
- Click or tap Apps ( ) if it is not already selected.
- Type HP in the search box.
- Click or tap your printer ( ).
- In the product software, double-click Printer Actions ( ).
- Double-click Maintenance Tasks ( ). The HP Toolbox opens.
- Click the Device Services tab.
- Click Align Ink Cartridges , and then follow the on-screen instructions to print the alignment page.
- Lift the scanner lid.
- Place the alignment page with the printed-side down on the right front corner of the scanner glass. See the engraved guide next to the scanner glass for help loading the alignment page.Figure 6: Place the alignment page on the scanner glass
- Close the scanner lid.
- Press the button next to OK on the control panel display ( ) The product scans the alignment page.
- When the Alignment successful message displays on the control panel screen, press the button next to OK on the control panel display ( ) to complete the alignment.
01-02-2014 11:21 AM
It keeps priniting alignment pages whenever i submit something to print and Suggest me to align! When i keep the Paper in the scanner to align Following all the Instruction Like facing down the Printed side of paper and keeping it to the right hand front corner! it shows an error showing- "Alignment Failed. To retry the alignment ensure that you have kept the alignment page correctly on the scanner, then click the scan button.Totally Fed up and Disappointed! I am Not an Amatuer in handling computers but seriously HP is making it way too complicated! Feeling Annoyed and Irritated!
01-15-2014 02:57 PM
I understand you have a Deskjet 2515 that continues to fail the alignment process and thus continues to align itself each time you try to print. I will certainly do my best to assist you with this issue.
Generally the reason that the alignment fails is that one or more of the colors is not printing. At this time I would suggest you follow this Troubleshooting Print Quality Issues document as it should be able to help get the ink flowing again so you can get the alignment to pass.
Hope this helps, have a great day!