Question

Student
markthomas4679
Message 1 of 11 (6,886 Views)

HP Officejet Pro 8500 Cyan ink will not print. installed a new one, but no success

HP Officejet Pro 8500   Cyan ink will not print. installed a new one, but no success

Associate Professor
kkcb9395
Message 2 of 11 (6,880 Views)

Re: HP Officejet Pro 8500 Cyan ink will not print. installed a new one, but no success

Hi - Try following the steps in this document.  It help resolves many print quality issues.

Hope that helps.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos thumbs up. Please mark the post that solves your problem as an Accepted Solution so other forum users can utilize the solution.

I am an HP employee.
Top Student
asmith9141
Message 3 of 11 (6,732 Views)

Re: HP Officejet Pro 8500 Cyan ink will not print. installed a new one, but no success

I have the same problem.  Nothing at all has changed - but the blue has just stopped printing.  I have followed the troubleshooting document, and run thru the first 2 levels of printhead cleaning.  I have no streaks anywhere, just a missing blue, even the the cartridge is 1/2 full.  One day it printed, and the next day it stopped.  Same paper, etc.  I have hard reset the printer, I have hard reset it with the cyan cartridge out, then put it in when I get the error msg that its missing, I've restarted my computer (it does the same thing from my other computer though, so its not the computer).  I have read all teh HP maintenance instructions and follow them.

Suggestions???

Top Student
asmith9141
Message 4 of 11 (6,726 Views)

also - per above - I do not get any error messages from the printer.  It just doesn't print the blue all of the sudden.

Honor Student
702gal
Message 5 of 11 (6,709 Views)

same problem only with the yellow.  Has anyone tried to install a new ink cartridge?  Hate to waste the money if that is not the probelm.  Has HP produced a bunch of defective ink cartridges and all we need to do is replace the one not working because it is defective?  My Yellow that stopped working was installed on Feb 5.  I do not print very often in color bt it has not worked since I cahnged the cartridge.  Any help would be appreciated as I have done everything recommended on this site as well as in the manuals.  

Student
JDGljl
Message 6 of 11 (6,027 Views)

Same problem; no blue.  One day working, next day not.  I have also done all the troubleshooting.  Do the tubes from the ink cartridge to the printhead ever clog; and, if so, how difficult would it be to replace?

Honor Student
702gal
Message 7 of 11 (6,003 Views)

I had to replace both printheads about $85 a piece.  It may be more cost effective to buy a new printer.  Once I replaced the one printhead, the other one went out.  It is common and it did solve the issue.  I really like my printer and if it gets me another year or so, I think it was worth it.

Student
Jim_In_MN
Message 8 of 11 (5,141 Views)

I had the same problem.  I installed a new printer head for the Cyan and it works fine now.  Hope this helps.

Student
jaxchinadoll
Message 9 of 11 (4,603 Views)

Yes, I too am having the same issue.  What did you do to correct issue?

HP Support Agent
Rainbow7000
Message 10 of 11 (4,572 Views)

Hello jaxchinadoll,

I saw your post on you having issues printing cyan with your Officejet Pro 8500. I have looked into this issue for you and I have found a troubleshooting document that I recommend you follow to help fix the problem.

I hope this works for you!

Troubleshooting Print Quality Issues

Take care,

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

R a i n b o w 7000
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation