Re: HP Officejet Pro 8500 Message:Ink Cartridge Missing (1449 Views)
Honor Student
y1akov
Message 1 of 4 (2,041 Views)

HP Officejet Pro 8500 Message:Ink Cartridge Missing

I get an error message that says the "Following ink cartridge appears to be missing or damaged"  The ink cartridges are all brand new.  I believe the printer thinks they are missing.  I followed the directions for the message "Following Print heads appear to be missing or damaged" but that did not fix the problem.  Any ideas?

PhD Student
Binary_Zen
Message 2 of 4 (2,017 Views)

Re: HP Officejet Pro 8500 Message:Ink Cartridge Missing

I linked a document below that covers this exact problem. I am not sure if this is the same document you have tried.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02603397&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=3752462&tmp...

Binary_Zen (worked at HP )

Click the white Kudos star to say thanks
Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem
Top Student
LeonardoCal
Message 3 of 4 (1,613 Views)

Same issue here.

Picked up the hardly used printer so I bought the power cable(was missing) and now 4 new cartridges (which is not cheap) and this thing is dead.

I know HP monitord these threads so shame on them for not offering a better fix or replacement for such a defective unit. They stick with the "Warranty is out, sorry, but you can buy another..." and that is just not right!!!

I have tried all possible fixes and I checked all connections. Cant update firmware as it's stuck in the error screen.

Time for a class action suit?

Student
acecpu
Message 4 of 4 (1,449 Views)

Same problem. Replaced all cartridges. Why can't it print in black/white if 1 color cartridge fails? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation