Question

Honor Student
JBa909a
Message 1 of 2 (759 Views)

HP Officejet Pro 8500. Model # A909a. Print only in black, but color catridges all losing ink.

Officejet Pro 8500, model # A909a.  PC operating system is Windows XP.  I very rarely print anything in color.  PC Printer Preference settings are set for Grayscale / Black Ink Only.  Print Quality is set to Draft.  I have used only new HP ink catridges.  No refills.  I am using the 940XL cartridge for black ink only.  Regular 940s for color cartridges.  I have never printed any photos on printer.  I print less than 5 color pages per month.  Even though I do not use the color cartridges, per my printer display, all three color cartridges seem to be decreasing in volume equally.   Interestingly, the color cartidge levels are lower than my black cartidge level.  I understand my black cartridge is XL, but I never print in color.  Why are color ink levels decreasing if I am not doing any color printing?   

Student
hbsmith
Message 2 of 2 (241 Views)

Re: HP Officejet Pro 8500. Model # A909a. Print only in black, but color catridges all losing ink.

I've noticed the same problem.  Were you ever able to receive an intelligent helpful response?  I've now got a problem that I'm unable to print in color, on black, despite the selection is set for color.  And, the print head alignment can't align.  One year ago i replaced the print heads.  Today I replaced with hp ink, the color cartridges.  Can't figure out if the is a way to determine if the ink is reaching the printheads, which could be helpful in diagnosing it the print heads are bad again after a year?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation