Question

Honor Student
melisma
Message 1 of 4 (3,593 Views)

HP Officejet Pro 8500 Pro 8500 A910 black will not print, says printhead is OK

I have an HP OfficeJet Pro 8500 A910. It no longer prints black, even with a new toner cartridge. Have followed all procedures recommended to solve problem.  Printhead diagnostics says black/yellow printhead is OK. Any suggestions?

Teacher
Ronnie_N
Message 2 of 4 (3,578 Views)

Re: HP Officejet Pro 8500 Pro 8500 A910 black will not print, says printhead is OK

Hi,

Sorry to hear about the issue that you are facing with your printer.This could be an issue with the Black/Yellow printhead.Please Clean and Align the Printhead from the Tools option under Setup Menu.

Remove the PH and clean it manually with a lint free cloth on the copper contacts and insert them back.Try printing now.

Also make sure that the cartridge you are using is genuine HP cartridge.

If you face the same issue of missing black,the black/yellow PH has to be replaced.and if the PH replacement does not work,printer has to be replaced.

Regards,

Ronnie_N

If my answer was helpful please click the "Kudos" star to say "Thank You".
        If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button

Distinguised Professor
Grad Student
VK14
Message 3 of 4 (3,574 Views)

Re: HP Officejet Pro 8500 Pro 8500 A910 black will not print, says printhead is OK

Hi,

Sorry to hear that HP Officejet Pro 8500 Pro 8500 A910 does not print in black.

Kindly click on the following link to resolve the issue.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02208875&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&la...

though I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution

Honor Student
melisma
Message 4 of 4 (3,544 Views)

Ronnie,

Thanks for your response and suggestions. Unfortunately, idea #1 didn't solve the problem. Looking to purchase a new printhead. See if that works. If not...

Thanks for the help.

Melisma
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation