Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hey Joe,

Can you post a picture of the taped cartridge? Having trouble figuring this out with words.

And just to confirm, this is the HP 940 cartridge?

Thanks. :generic:

HP Recommended

Thank you very much joe65. It fixed the problem right away.

HP Recommended
It worked! I hope I don't have to do this all the time after using the tape.
HP Recommended

Did you get a picture? I'm having the same problem with my 8000 and cyan ink cartridge. Have put in 2 new ones and nada color...no blue, no green colors. It prints a blank where it should print a color. HP 940 cartridge

HP Recommended

What does it say about HP when we have to find a work-around from a 3rd party?

HP Recommended

HP settled a Class Action lawsuit involving these issues in October 2014.  Part of the settlement was that HP was to revise their software to resolve all this baloney.  Lawyers involved made $1.5 million in fees and all the rest of us got screwed.  HP still hasn't fixed this issue.  I guess HP will not get the message until they go bankrupt when we all quit buying their products. 

For the people at HP who monitor this thread:  When can we expect you to obey the Court Order - THAT YOU AGREED TO - so our printers will work again?  MY 8500 is a GREAT printer when it works.  But, it is just not worth this kind of expense and headache.  Please post a response.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the info. I have tried these steps with no luck but I will continue to try. I am also having a problem with another message. A few days ago the printer was "aligning". I pressed "cancel" by mistake. Since then the message:"cancelling alignment" will not stop. I have tried unplugging the printer, turning it off, etc.   So, I'm not sure if this message is having some affect on the cartridge issue...any ideas?  Fun, fun!  Thank you!

HP Recommended

I had the same problem. I'm a slow learner though so I replaced all my cartridges before trying to contact someone here.  I get so annoyed and bugged to fix my problem ASAP. Yet, these cartridges cost a fortune. My ink colors were all at different heights. I saved my cartriges and will try to use the ones with ink still in them.

I found it difficult to see inside the cartridge area once I'd removed just one at a time, so I took them all out and cleaned the areas with a Q-tip. That didn't seem to do much, but maybe it is the one step that counted. I then used a soft brush that I use to clean my serger sewing machines, but I made sure that the brush had no tiny bits of fabric or thread on it. I brushed the inside (cave) and the face of each cartridge. Then I got my hand vacuum and very carefully vacuumed inside. That last move may have been awfully tricky. I could have dislodged a wire doing this last step, but something I did made my printer work. I'd also unplugged my printer a few times and restarted my computer. During htis last attempt, I saw that yellow triangle for a nano second before it disappeared totally. And I have actually just printed something.

Thank you all contributors to this solution.

HP Recommended

Just read thread regarding lawsuit and need to verify because if it is not true IT SHOULD BE!  I hate this HP printer Office jet pro 8610 - wish I had never bought it.

This is a violation of the Sherman Act HP.  

HP Recommended
I have an hp office jet 6500. Will colour ink cartridges from an 8500 work?
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.