Question

Honor Student
chanres
Message 1 of 5 (1,625 Views)

HP Officejet Pro 8500A - CM755A printing quality problems not solved by "cleaning print heads"

Hello, I have a HP Officejet Pro 8500A - CM755A  for few months, I am printing from Window 7 - 64 bit machine.

At the end of the initial Ink Cartridges, I have replaced as needed with HP genuine ink 940XL.

Here are example of successive printing (within few minutes) print 1

This first image (partial) had an horizontal line, so I just re-launch the print...

printing doc 2 scan 300dpi.jpg

And here as you can see the result was significantely worse.... I did a 3rd try.....

printing doc 3 scan 300dpi.jpg

And again very bad, but also very different... Lost the yellow and recover some black?

so I launch from the HP 8500 tool box on my PC the Printing Diagnostic.... and the only thing I got was this :

(above scan was 300 dots per inch...)

printing diag 200dpi.jpg

this image was scanned 200 DPI... I launched printhead cleaning level 1 and level 2, no improvement at all !!

Then I did ask the printer to shutdown (power button on the printer), when off, removed the plug for more than 10 seconds...

then turn it on again... and after the on cycle, I request the printing diagnostic test page.... and results were good again.

see the page :

printing diag 200dpi after power cycle.jpg

Any idea ? To me it look like much more an electronic or software failure that anything else... the failure occur this morning again and was solved with a power cycle... 

What can I do, as this slow my work ?

some technical information :

Serial CN18NCQ1P4    Firmware seems up to date  LRP1FN1126AR     Duplex printing installed.

Printing qty : 1619 pages; color 866 pages, black 420 pages

Cartridges : Black 940 XL, Yellow 940 XL, Magenta 940 Original, Cyan 940 XL (all almost full, xcept magenta almost empty)

Print head : warranty until July 2013 , Black 45 ml; yellow 20 ml; Magenta 13 ml; Cyan 15ml

Should I call service as the printer is still in warranty? Is it a known pb?

Thank you very much for your help,

Kind Regards,

Charles.

Honor Student
TooRare
Message 2 of 5 (1,607 Views)

Re: HP Officejet Pro 8500A - CM755A printing quality problems not solved by "cleaning print hea

I am having similar, but slightly different, problems with my
Officejet Pro 8500 Premier A909n alll-in-one. Mine is making
straight, horizontal, white streaks. Cleaning printheads seems
to have helped but not gotten rid of problem.
Honor Student
b_page
Message 3 of 5 (1,594 Views)

Re: HP Officejet Pro 8500A - CM755A printing quality problems not solved by "cleaning print hea

Having a lot of issues with gaps, lines & colors not printing on my OfficeJet 8500A A910a.  I have replaced the ink cartridges, and cleaned & aligned the printheads, and Calibrated the linefeed MULTIPLE times but none of these things solved the problems.

Here is as scan of the most recent cleaning attempt:

Scan.jpg

Thje printer is only about 7-8 months old.  Is this covered under warranty?

Please help ASAP... I have some stuff I need to print in a very timely fashion...

Thanks!

Honor Student
TooRare
Message 4 of 5 (1,586 Views)

I am not sure you will get this.

My all-in-one printer is an HP Officejet Pro 8500 Premier A909n.

My current problem (5/28/12) is very similar to yours.

I bought the printer in Sept., 2012, so I have had it for a year and a half.

I bought the Office Depot warranty, which gave me two years.

In February I had problems and called O.D.

They sent me a replacement machine, but this one is giving me more problems

than the previous one.  They are willing to send me another replacement printer,

but I am getting disgusted with this model.

I keep cleaning the printheads.  It does seem to improve each time but is still

malfunctioning.

June M. Turer

Baytown, TX

turer.foster@verizon.net

======================================================

Honor Student
chanres
Message 5 of 5 (1,576 Views)

Hello all,

thank you for your contribution to my post... here is something that is helping me to solve my pb. (temporarily though).

- Turn-off your printer with the button on the front face.

- Unplug it for at least 30 seconds

- Replug it and turn it on...

The quality of the printing is much more improved than by cleaning printhead.

You can try to see if it improves for your case, and please keep us posted.

Secondly, as my printer is under Warranty, I send a mail to HP-Support.

Cheers,

Charles.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation