05-21-2013 07:49 PM
i just replaced two of the toner cartridges (Cyan and Magenta) and once my printer re-sets itself, it no longer prints black toner and it seems to be caught in a cycle of cleaning the printhead over and over again. The device was working yesterday without issue and i have replaced the toner with genuine HP cartridges. All toner cartridges are full.
The printer does not display any error messages. When cleaning the printhead, it's now making a squeaking sound. Argh!
05-22-2013 12:14 PM
The troubleshooting steps in this document may help with black not printing on your Officejet Pro 8500a.
Bob Headrick, HP Expert
I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.
If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V
If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V
- Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Americas and Asia)
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- HP Instant Ink - What Is HP Instant Ink?