Question

Tutor
jerryhu
Message 1 of 3 (162 Views)

HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus Printhead Leak

I don't know why my printhead started leaking so much. When I first bought the printer, it was fine, but there were small leaks. I didn't think of it so I carefully wiped the nozzle with the edge of a towel, hoping to soak up the ink. Recently, while I was printing, the page came out completely blank. I did not know why so I took a look at the printhead and it was covered in a bunch of ink. I think you're not supposed to touch the nozzle, but I had to take a cloth and wipe all the ink off (there was so much ink). Once the ink was gone, I printed a few pages to get the ink flowing and all is fine...for now. The next day, I try to print something and I find the printhead covered in ink again and the cycle continues...

HP Support Agent
JERENDS
Message 2 of 3 (137 Views)

Re: HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus Printhead Leak

Hi jerryhu,

It would appear that the Officejet Pro 8600 printhead is having hardware problems, it may be in your best interest to contact HP's Technical Support to see about further options for you. If you are calling within North America, the number is 1-800-474-6836 and for all other regions, click here.

Regards,

JERENDS
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
Tutor
jerryhu
Message 3 of 3 (101 Views)

Re: HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus Printhead Leak

Thank you, but my warranty has expired two months ago. Therefore I have to pay out of pocket and the printhead costs $100+. AND I need new ink which is an additional $120 (Amazon). Total would be $220. My last printer was an HP, I loved it but it ultimately failed at the end because of mechanical problems. I loved this printer for the first few days when it worked properly, now ink is everywhere and I'm done. SO SEE YA HP. Gonna hop on over to Epson recommended to me by Amazon and a friend. New printer cost: $120. Plus, ink is much cheaper. BYEEE.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation