HP OficeJet Pro 8500A - Does Not Print Black (1870 Views)
Student
bob_in_stl
Message 1 of 6 (1,870 Views)

HP OficeJet Pro 8500A - Does Not Print Black

I have a brand new 8500 A.  I did initial set up of machine about 6 weeks ago - this includes installing ink cartridges, print head & paper.  AT that time a "alignment page" was printed out.  All looked OK.

I have not installed software or printed from computer. 

Today I wanted to use it as a copier only and used the control panel to do this.

It will not print any BLACK tones.

Here's what I've done since;

1)  check ink status - control lanel indicates all cartridges are very full.

2) printed the "ink status report" - this report is printed in majenta ink

3) used control panel to "clean print heads"  - afterwards a test page is printed out which shows shade blocks of green,  orange, red and blue.  This page does not show any text or BLACK ink - I assume there would be some text which would be printed in Black.

4) manually clean print heads

Still no luck printing BLACK.

Ideas for good next steps ?

thanks.

Honor Student
rclabaugh99
Message 2 of 6 (1,864 Views)

Re: HP OficeJet Pro 8500A - Does Not Print Black

I have had the identical problem, although I was about 4 months between the initial setup and when I got back on.  Prints in other colors, but not black.  If you get a response, I would appreciate it if you would pass it on to me.  Thanks

Student
sassywildcat
Message 3 of 6 (1,852 Views)

I have the same problem, but with a C310 All in One.  I've tried cleaning, aligning, everything I can think of.  I JUST bought the new cartridge two weeks ago.  Was working fine until today.

Honor Student
SueNMRK
Message 4 of 6 (1,843 Views)

I have the HP OfficeJet Pro 8500A Plus and have the same problem!  My print screen shows I've selected to print in black & white and the image also shows in black & white but it always prints in color.  This is frustrating because there are many pages I print from the internet as a reference and do not all the images in full color.

I hope there's someone that can help with this issue.

Thanks!

Honor Student
rclabaugh99
Message 5 of 6 (1,841 Views)

I e-mailed you yesterday saying I had the same problem with my officejet 6500A.  It would not print in black.  This morning I called HP Support at 800.283.7674.  After spending an hour or more on the the phone with them as they walked me through different steps to solve the problem, they are sending me a refurbished 6500A printer with a warranty free of charge.  They could not get my existing one to properly align itself.  You might want to give this a try.

y_ Student
Student
y_
Message 6 of 6 (1,730 Views)

I am also facing the same problem. i replaced the print head and and the cartridge also , In report ,cartridge and print head status are OK. Any one can help me...???

rclabaugh99 wrote:

I e-mailed you yesterday saying I had the same problem with my officejet 6500A.  It would not print in black.  This morning I called HP Support at 800.283.7674.  After spending an hour or more on the the phone with them as they walked me through different steps to solve the problem, they are sending me a refurbished 6500A printer with a warranty free of charge.  They could not get my existing one to properly align itself.  You might want to give this a try.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation