Question

Student
tmmastercraft
Message 1 of 2 (517 Views)

HP PHOTOSMART 7510

My husband uses HP Photosmart 7510 wireless with his Ipad and loves it!  

I purchased a second HP Photosmart on April 19, 2012 to use at a tradeshow.  The second HP worked beautifully during the show.  However, last week it would not turn on.  I switched receptacles.  I switched power cords using my husbands HP 7510 cord.  Still my 7510 would not turn on.  

I've switched back to my husband's 7510 using direct cable to my PC.  Two days ago it stopped printing. Apparently, it is out of black ink.

Last night before heading out to the store, I called ahead to Office Depot and explained that my HP7510 purchased on April 19, 2012 will not print.  OD Manager said he would exchange printers for me.  

While at the store exchanging printers, I purchased additional black cartridges for my husband's 7510.  Unfortunate for me, after I returned home I find that I purchase and opened the wrong black cartridge.  It is the Photo ink that I should have purchased.   Because of my busy work schedule this morning (and the fact that is is a 30 mile round trip drive to the office supply store) I opened the new box for my replacement 7501 and  used the Photo Ink cartridge from the new Printer.  

My husband's HP 7510 will not allow use of new cartridge.  The screen says "Do Not use SETUP Cartridges."  CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHY? 

Professor
Daniel_L
Message 2 of 2 (511 Views)

Re: HP PHOTOSMART 7510

Hello!

You may want to visit this article related to power issues with this product:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01321436&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&la...

There may be some steps available that resolve this issue.

Hope this helps!

Help the community by marking this post as a solution if it solved your issue!.

If my post helped you in any way, please click the blue KUDOS star under my name! It would mean a great deal. :smileyhappy:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation