Question

Student
debkras
Message 1 of 2 (101 Views)

HP PhotoSmart 4 in 1

hi. i am having issues with my HP Photosmart 4 in 1 printer. i purchased it last year, but installed and began using it only about 2 months ago. it was working great. but last week, i started having problems with the ink. first, got a message my black ink was low and needed to be replaced. i did that and the next day, got the same message. documents started printing very light. so i replaced the black ink again, and then 2 more times when the same message came up. (note: i NEVER use refilled cartridges, always buy new ones even though they are expensive - i buy HP#60)

this problem continues and my documents are barely visible.

a few days ago, i had the same issues with the tri-color cartridge (color images fading and turning colors). changed the color ink 4 times (wasting a lot of money). 

now, i cannot print anything. 2 days ago after buying/installing brand new Blk and B&W cartridges, i tried to align and  it never finishes aligning the page. keeps going and then shuts down.

i have been using HP products exclusively for many years now, this is the first time i'm going thru such issues with a new printer. (i normally do not print often, but i am organizing a fundraiser so i need to make a lot of copies of flyers.)

can anyone help? thanks. debbie

HP Support Agent
Rainbow7000
Message 2 of 2 (70 Views)

Re: HP PhotoSmart 4 in 1

Debbie, welcome to the forums!

I read your post about the troubles you are having with your Photosmart not printing in ink for you and your prints coming out blank.

Please let  me know which printer you have and I will look for troubleshooting documents to try!

Help to find your printers Model Number:
How Do I Find My Model Number?

Thank you:smileyhappy:

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

R a i n b o w 7000
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation