Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Try the possible solution towards the end of this thread that instructs on how to clean the ink ports of the printhead.
HP Recommended
Sorry, wrong thread! I posted this solution in another thread as well. Anyways. Take the printhead out again. This time get warm water and a paper towel and clean the screened ink port. The warmer the water the better. Soak the bottom again to w rinse and give it another shot.
HP Recommended

Billy_T , 

I understand you have completed the troubleshooting with no success, please make sure all steps have been completed here: Printer Does Not Print Black Ink or Color Ink, or Prints Blank Pages, once completed if you still have no black in your prints please call out technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpsupport/index.pl

Thank you,  

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I just got done using your instructions for removing and cleaning the print head on my 5520. The step by step was great, had absolutely no problem with disassemble/reassemble.  Only problem is it still doesn't print black.  Wife just went out and bought a new 6520 to replace it.  Thanks for your instructions though.

HP Recommended

@Billy_T 

As this is a 5520 I'd advise calling HP Support, even if it's out of warranty

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

I would just like to say thank you. The step by step instructions helped me fix my printer for pennies, compared to what they would charge me to fix it. Once I found the right tool to get the screws out it was a breeze, and only costed me $9.99 to fix the problem. I can't thank you enough for your help, no pictures are required. If I can do this anyone can. Thanks again, I am one happy gramdma!

HP Recommended

I'm very glad to have hear that some people have been successful. I'm sorry to hear that others are having issues. I have tried this on a few other printers and have a 50/50 success rate. For the ones that were not successful, I replaced the print head with spare parts from similar models and they worked. There are a few models out there that use the exact same print head. 

I understand that purchasing a print head is not very cost effective, so there will be some of you ending up trashing this printer. I have trashed 2 so far. Have any of you seen the movie "Office Space"?  Taking the printer and smashing it with a baseball bat, or anything else for that matter, really is therapeutic!

HP Recommended

I just replaced all print cartridges for my HP PhotoSmart all in one 7525 but it is not printing black and I believe I need to replace the Printhead? not sure. If so how do I do this.
Thank you in advannce for your help.

HP Recommended

Exact same problem. Full black cartridge, even wasted more money opening a second in case something was wrong with

cartridge . Will not print black. What gives with this model. like others in this forum, I have ALWAYS used hp printers,

ease of use, set up, and durability, but not sure now

@rseidler wrote:

I had the same probelm.  After I changed the cartridge (which I had done several times before) and used genuine HP cartridge about 60 pages printed fine.  Then even though I showed that I had plenty of ink the print looked like I was out of ink.   I ran the clean printhead" twice and now instead of partially printing in black there is NO black.  Now to find out I can't manually clean the print head is just too much. The warrenty on my Photosmart 5520 ran out 3 months ago,   I will NEVER buy another HP product.

HP Recommended

I hqe same problem: Black does not print, even after cleaning printhead, zhich sorted out al other colours.

Did you eventually find a solution for the black ?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.