Question

Honor Student
KajTahapary
Message 1 of 4 (184 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP PhotoSmart 5520 won't print in black

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Recently I've bought a HP Photosmart 5520 printer. I'm testing it and really love the printer! 
I was testing to print (wireless) some pages from the internet and gave my laptop (HP, too ;-)) the command to print the pages in black. But when the pages came out of the printer, they were in color?!

Please is there any topic on this forum where I can solve this problem or does somebody know how to solve it?!

Kind regards,

Kaj

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 4 (176 Views)

Re: HP PhotoSmart 5520 won't print in black

What operating system?  What program are you printing from?

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Honor Student
KajTahapary
Message 3 of 4 (171 Views)

I'm using Google Chrome, Windows 7.
Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 4 of 4 (169 Views)

I duplicated this in Chrome with my Officejet 8600 printer.  It seems Chrome may not properly send information for printing in black only.  Try the following:  at the bottom of the print dialog page there is a link "Print using system dialog... (Control+Shift+P".  Click on this and then select your Photosmart 5520 and select the appropriate print options (Print in grayscale, Black ink only).

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation