Question

Honor Student
Richardmoody
Message 1 of 6 (1,342 Views)

HP Photosmart 2600 series printer

I have just installed compatible cartridges for my all-in one-printer as per the HP site but the printer comes up with the message "cartridges are not intended for this computer". Why is this???????

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 6 (1,337 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart 2600 series printer

What cartridge number did you remove?  What is the number of the "compatible" cartridge?  The Photosmart 2610 uses regionalized cartrdiges.  

Are the compatible cartridges remanufactured or refills?  These have generally poor reliability, I suggest you contact your supplier for a replacement.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Honor Student
Richardmoody
Message 3 of 6 (1,333 Views)

I took out the original HP130 black and HP134 multi-color and replaced them with re-manufactured HP339 Black and HP344 multi color. These according to the HP websites are compatible cartridges as verified my IT rechnician. The printer recognises the numbers but with the light flashing saying they are not intended for use with this printer!

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 4 of 6 (1,325 Views)

Richardmoody wrote:

I took out the original HP130 black and HP134 multi-color and replaced them with re-manufactured HP339 Black and HP344 multi color. These according to the HP websites are compatible cartridges as verified my IT rechnician. The printer recognises the numbers but with the light flashing saying they are not intended for use with this printer!

What country are you in?  The cartrdiges are regionalized.  While 339 and 334 cartridges are usable in the Photosmart 2610, this only applies in the regions that use these cartridges.  You will need 130 and 134 cartridges for your region. (In the US my Photosmart 2610 uses 96 and 97 cartridges.)  HP's web page on the subject is here

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

Honor Student
Richardmoody
Message 5 of 6 (1,320 Views)

Mine is a Photosmart 2613. I bought the printer in Dubai and brought it with me here to Spain. I could not locate any source for the HP130 and HP134 cartridges that I was trying to replace. The 344 and 339 are supposed to be compatible according to the HP website. No mention is made of it is dependent on what region I am in. So what do I buy here in Spain? Are you saying that there is no download software that will enable these to be accepted? I would appreciate your guidance. Thanks

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 6 of 6 (1,315 Views)

OK, for the case where you have moved to a new region you will need to Contact HP to request a "Regionalization Reset". There should not be any charge for this, it is covered as part of the cartridge warranty. You will need to have access to your computer and printer while on the line with HP. You will also need to have a set of cartridges for the new region(which you have...), once the reset is complete cartridges from the original region will no longer work.  HP's web page on the subject is here.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation