Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart 3210 All-in-One
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi

I have a Photosmart 3210 which has worked perfectly up until a couple of weeks ago.

I switched off the printer after printing some photographs and turned it on again the next day.

The start up sounded different, there was more clicking and banging than usual, and then an Ink System Failure error message appeared on the screen, with the error code 0xc05d1381.

Can you explain what has happened to the ink system? Is it a blockage? Can it be flushed out? Can any part of it be replaced?

Within a day this has gone from producing excellent printouts to useless, with no warning whatsoever. I'm at a loss to work out how this has happened.

Thanks in advance,

Adrian

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @Listicath,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I understand that you're unable to use your printer due to this error 0xc05d1381 on your HP Photosmart 3210 All-in-One Printer. I will certainly do my best to help you.

This error message usually indicates that there is an issue with the printer's ink system, a blocked cartridge or failure of the device. 

Here's a document I would recommend that you try, HP Photosmart and HP Photosmart All-in-One Printers - An 'Ink System' Error Code Displays on the Fro... 

This document is for HP Photosmart and Photosmart All-in-One printers.
An 'Ink System' error message, usually accompanied by a '0xc18xxxxx ' or '0xc19xxxxx ' error code, displays on the front panel. The printer cannot copy, receive faxes, or print.

Solution one: Reset the product
  1. Without turning off the product, disconnect the USB cable from the rear of the product.
    NOTE: The USB cable connects to the port on the rear of the product. The port is labeled with the USB icon (). If your printer has a network or wireless connection, ignore this step.
    Figure : Example USB connection (your product might not look exactly the same as this example)
    Description of disconnecting the USB cable.
  2. Remove the cartridges from the product.
  3. Wait until a message to insert the cartridges displays. If you do not see a message within a few minutes, skip to the next step.
    NOTE: If your printer does not have a display, wait until the cartridge lights blink. If the cartridge lights do not blink within a few minutes, skip to the next step.
  4. Disconnect the power cord from the back of the product.
  5. Wait 60 seconds.
  6. Reconnect the power cord. If the product does not automatically turn on, press the Power button (). Important! Make sure the printer is connected directly to a wall outlet. (don't use a power hub or a surge protector) This ensures the printer is receiving full power and may help this situation.
  7. Reinsert the cartridges, and then close any open doors on the product.
  8. If you receive a prompt to print a calibration page, do so.
  9. If you disconnected the USB cable, reconnect it to the rear of the product.
  10. Try printing again.
You could always try the solution in this video.

If the issue persist, continue to next solution.

Solution two: Service the product

If you completed all the preceding steps and your product still has an issue, service the product.

Contacting HP for service in all countries/regions except Asia Pacific.
First, go to Check your product warranty to check your printer warranty status, and then go to Contact HP Support to find an authorized service dealer or to schedule a repair.
Repair fees might apply for out-of-warranty printers.

What you can do, is use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:
Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click on: HP contact options - click on Get phone number
Case number and phone number appear.

I hope this helps. Good Luck! 🙂

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Hi @Drakster

I tried the restart without cartridge, plus a reset by holding down OK, Cancel, Colour and Black and shutting down. Neither of them has made a difference.

The video is for cartridges with the print head built in, so not relevant for the Photosmart 3210.

The printer is out of waranty, servicing doesn't appear to be available in the UK, without paying up-front.

Is there a service manual available for the 3210, so I can disssemble it and check the printheads?

HP Recommended

Hi @Listicath,

The printheads on the Photosmart 3210 are not removable or replaceable. Therefore, I cannot provide the instructions that you're hoping for.

Here's another video that may help.

If you completed all the preceding steps and your product still has an issue, service the product.

Contacting HP for service in all countries/regions except Asia Pacific.
First, go to Check your product warranty to check your printer warranty status, and then go to Contact HP Support to find an authorized service dealer or to schedule a repair.
Repair fees might apply for out-of-warranty printers.

What you can do, is use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:
Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click on: HP contact options - click on Get phone number
Case number and phone number appear.

I hope this helps. Good Luck! Smiley Happy

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Hi

That video didn't help at all, as it's difficult to print a report on a printer that won't print!

There also doesn't appear to be any service support available for this printer (which would explain why there's no service manual for it!) so I suspect it's just a pile of scrap now.

Oh well. I suppose I'd better try a different manufacturer for my next printer.

Thanks for looking for service information, even if there's nothing that'll help.

Adrian

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.