Question

Honor Student
Girdletreelady
Message 1 of 3 (147 Views)

HP Photosmart 5510 Not Printing in Black

I have installed all new HP cartridges in my Photosmart 5510 Printer and it is not printing in black.  Have done all the head cleanings and alignments twice but it still will not print in black--help!! It is only a year and a half old and only used for home--not abused at all!

Regents Professor
Rudy1906
Message 2 of 3 (138 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart 5510 Not Printing in Black

Sorry that you are having a problem printing in black. 

Here is a link you can follow if you haven't already. 

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03425035&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lc...

You can also take out the print head and clean the bottom with lint free cloth and water. There is a latch to the right side of the cartridges. Lift it up, and take the basket area out. This is the print head. 

Let me know if this helps. Usually, the print head needs manually cleaned or has gone bad. 

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 3 of 3 (90 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart 5510 Not Printing in Black

Hi , I know this was a few months ago but just wondering if the suggestion from Rudy solved your issue?

Thanks

Ciara

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation