06-11-2013 06:59 AM
I have installed all new HP cartridges in my Photosmart 5510 Printer and it is not printing in black. Have done all the head cleanings and alignments twice but it still will not print in black--help!! It is only a year and a half old and only used for home--not abused at all!
06-11-2013 10:06 AM
Sorry that you are having a problem printing in black.
Here is a link you can follow if you haven't already.
You can also take out the print head and clean the bottom with lint free cloth and water. There is a latch to the right side of the cartridges. Lift it up, and take the basket area out. This is the print head.
Let me know if this helps. Usually, the print head needs manually cleaned or has gone bad.
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
10-25-2013 03:49 AM
Hi , I know this was a few months ago but just wondering if the suggestion from Rudy solved your issue?
- Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Americas and Asia)
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- HP Instant Ink - What Is HP Instant Ink?