07-21-2012 11:13 AM
Just replaced authentic HP ink cartridge. No black prints coming out although ink level is full. Test page shows pink and green only (Yellow ink cartridge needs replacement but Black ink is brand new). Any suggestions?
There is no error message? Does this printer need print head? Thanks
07-30-2012 03:03 PM - edited 08-14-2012 12:32 PM
Click here to see the following troubleshooting steps in detail for the Black Ink is Missing on Printouts. Solution four will have the pictures to see how to check if the ink cartridge is properly vented. There should be a T shaped vent above the HP symbol on the top of the cartridge that should be cleared of any obstructions. It is strange that there is no error message. You are correct, with pink and green only on the test page we are missing the black and yellow so the yellow would need to be checked also.
Solution one: Allow automatic servicing to complete
Solution two: Check the grayscale print setting
Solution three: Check ink levels and replace a low or empty black cartridge
Solution four: Print and evaluate a Print Quality Diagnostic Report
Solution five: Replace the black cartridge
Solution six: Service the All-in-One
The print head cannot be removed with this type of printer. If the printhead needs to be replaced then the whole printer needs to be replaced.
- Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Americas and Asia)
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- HP Instant Ink - What Is HP Instant Ink?