Question

pji Student
Student
pji
Message 1 of 6 (194 Views)

HP Photosmart 5510 - will not print black ink

I just changed the cartriges in my HP Photosmart 5510 printer and it won't print in black.  When I try to prink black it prints in a light gray instead.  I tried cleaning the printheads multiple times and that doesn't help.  I also tried printing with black a number of times in a row hoping it would start working but it didn't.  I tried unplugging the printer and plugging it back in.  I also took the cartrige out and cleaned the mesh filter underneath it with warm water and that didn't work either.  The printer is less than 2 years old and is out of warranty.  I've already spent about $50 on cartriges trying to fix the printer.  Is there anything else that I can try or is this thing just junk?  Thanks in advance for any help.

Distinguished Professor
jabzi
Message 2 of 6 (188 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart 5510 - will not print black ink

Hello, 

I see that you have tried all the troubleshooting steps for this issue.

I'd still suggest you to try the steps mentioned by clicking HERE .

If issue still persists, it could be a Printhead issue which is  a fixed  part in the printer. Hence printer need to be serviced.

Please call HP Tech Support for further assistance you might have a Trade-in option.

If you are in US , the toll free # is 1-800-474-6836 .

If you are not in US , then log on to www.hp.com , at bottom-left corner there is a world map icon, click on it and then select the region you belong to, which would then provide support options for you for that region.

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
HP Support Agent
HevnLgh
Message 3 of 6 (149 Views)

Hi pji,

Just doing a follow up, to see if @jabzi recommendations have you back up and printing in black ink? If you are still running into problems can you please let me know which Country/Region you are in?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HevnlghHelP
I work on behalf of HP
HP Support Agent
HevnLgh
Message 4 of 6 (86 Views)

Hi pji,

Any luck with the troubleshooting document? Are you now able to print in black ink?

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HevnlghHelP
I work on behalf of HP
Student
Yorkie_Chris
Message 5 of 6 (71 Views)

I too am having the same problem - 5510 Photosmart will not print black ink.

I've completed all the troubleshooting steps and run the clean printheads 6+ times in the last 24 hours.

I'm in the UK region and the printer is out of warranty, approx 2 years old.

I've just replaced the black ink cartridge to see if that was the problem, but it hasn't solved the issue.

Any alternative suggestions welcome, thank you

HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 6 of 6 (40 Views)

Hi @Yorkie_Chris 

I am going to send you a private message, please check the little envelope on the top right hand corner of the forums page to check your Forums inbox.

Forums Inbox.jpg

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please click the "Thumbs Up", just below, if you LIKE my post, or to say Thanks for helping!
Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation